header

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#47217 - 04/06/16 05:29 AM Re: [Re: Joshua R.]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Thanks Tom, I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen the old one as well.

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#47219 - 04/06/16 09:17 AM Re: [Re: Joshua R.]
ThatGuyCF Offline

Loc: Virginia
Here's just a short mix of both my favorite quick and long reads. The Hatchet series by Gary Paulsen, The Rifle by Gary Paulsen, A Painted House by John Grisham, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, the Alex Cross series by James Patterson, Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingles Wilder, and any of the Hardy Boys books are a great bet!

#47232 - 04/08/16 02:14 AM Re: [Re: Joshua R.]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Thanks, I'll check them out!

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#47236 - 04/08/16 08:14 PM Re: [Re: Trumby]
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
I'm presently reading "The Blackout Wars" and "Electric Armageddon"; both dealing with EMP and its effects.

#47238 - 04/09/16 10:39 AM Re: [Re: Private Klink]
RPN Offline

Originally Posted By: Private Klink
I'm presently reading "The Blackout Wars" and "Electric Armageddon"; both dealing with EMP and its effects.

That cannot be good!

I just picked up a book by Isabelle Allende.

Was really hoping to see if there was anything new by Carl Hiaasen- if you guys have never ready his books, grab them! He does these quasi mysteries that are just HILARIOUS!! He is from Florida and just crazy and his books are laugh out loud funny. He has a number of the same characters, so I would suggest starting at his first novel.

Edited by RPN (04/09/16 10:45 AM)

#47884 - 06/18/19 07:27 PM Re: [Re: Joshua R.]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Reading a book that I read many years ago, about a boy that was sent to a cattle station at 8 years old and was mistreated by the owners.
It's a great Australian book set in Western Australia.

A Fortunate Life by A.B. Facey

Albert Facey's story is the story of Australia.Born in 1894, and first sent to work at the age of eight, Facey lived the rough frontier life of a labourer and farmer and jackaroo, becoming lost and then rescued by Indigenous trackers, then gaining a hard-won literacy, surviving Gallipoli, raising a family through the Depression, losing a son in the Second World War, and meeting his beloved Evelyn with whom he shared nearly sixty years of marriage.Despite enduring unimaginable hardships, Facey always saw his life as a fortunate one.A true classic of Australian literature, Facey's simply penned story offers a unique window onto the history of Australian life through the greater part of the twentieth century &#8211; the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man.

I'ts a great read. And a true story.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.