Page 362 of 1237 < 1 2 ... 360 361 362 363 364 ... 1236 1237 >
Topic Options
#6232 - 03/24/13 10:32 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: infocus2006;18772
While I have you Ian. What are your thoughts on the Nick and Thin Nick? I am debating about starting a hunt for one or both and would like to hear some owners thoughts on them. I appreciate your wise input!

Very nice,
The thin Nick is a real carver, chopper and dicer, I keep mine super sharp for carving. Having said that the XXX Nick is really a cleaver and doesn't get the kitchen use like it's skinny pal.
My step daughter is a caterer and every time she comes here she eyes it off. laugh she loves useing it, my wife not so much as she tried to carve a bit of her finger off with it. laugh

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#6233 - 03/25/13 12:36 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Glad your ok and getting better!

#6234 - 03/25/13 12:38 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Watched Olympus has fallen tonight with Gerard butler and morgan freeman and it was excellent.

Korea takes over the white house in 13 minutes...

Good actors, good action, and knives going thru skulls..........

#6235 - 03/25/13 01:11 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
Sounds awesome; I'm anxious to see it when I can.

#6236 - 03/25/13 01:46 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Its worth a watch thats for sure... almost 2 hours but feels like 10 minutes, really goes by fast, no slow parts.

As long as you can get passed some of the politically incorrect moments and impossible tactical theories, plus the fact they make america look weak... then its excellent! There was a few moment i was like come on, thats impossible, or how they sneak a c130 into Washington DC airspace without any one knowing it was in the air. or how they get 100 men with fully automatic weapons past tsa lmao.... Or why isnt that on radar... I specialized in air defense, missile systems and radars when i was in the military and there was a couple times i wanted to say stop the movie.... lets talk about this realistically lmao... This movie is about the North Korean/South Korean debate and our influence in it, and coincidentally i was in korea in 2006 when the missile testing was going on. No c130s, missiles, or other combat ready aircrafts made it into or passed protected airspace....

But get passed that and take it for the fictional action packed film that it is, and it is excellent, really has some good funny parts and Gerard is very witty!

#6237 - 03/25/13 02:10 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

I watched it also. A lot of Hollywood BS, like a former Secret Service Agent knowing codes some 18 months after holding his position...no way security protocols allow codes to remain the same for long periods.

It's a fun movie, some tugs at Patriotic heart strings, but nothing upsetting as its all theatrics. The way they portray US as foolish in battle is laughable, but again...it's a movie.

Worth a look, even if you hold out and catch it on a movie channel or rental after its out of theaters.

#6238 - 03/25/13 02:36 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Yea, i agree. i said the same thing, i was like ok its over a year and a hlf later but he still has access to everything.... after being reassigned his access wasnt removed to the presidents quarters ?... lmao

But it was fun, and full of action, i liked it a lot better than the new die hard for sure

#6239 - 03/25/13 02:45 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Ian, good to hear that your leg is getting better! You should have not admitted the big improvement to the wife though...

#6240 - 03/25/13 08:24 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: worldwood;18816
Yea, i agree. i said the same thing, i was like ok its over a year and a hlf later but he still has access to everything.... after being reassigned his access wasnt removed to the presidents quarters ?... lmao

But it was fun, and full of action, i liked it a lot better than the new die hard for sure

I believe they shot it with various story plots in mind. Leaving the final cut a bit incongruent. Happens in movies often, we forgive it for entertainment value.

This movie has a decent amount of entertainment value, it got some of my money. Not all movies can claim that.

For example, Die Hard is my favorite Christmas movie, but I did not see the most recent in the series. And the only reason I'm entertaining viewing the new GI Joe movie is because I may be able to catch it in IMax, maybe 3D (not my favorite thing..too gimmicky).

#6241 - 03/25/13 08:36 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
bonesmalones Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada
Yo Ian,

Great news about your leg. Glad you're doing better.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.
Martha Washington

Page 362 of 1237 < 1 2 ... 360 361 362 363 364 ... 1236 1237 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.