Page 318 of 1230 < 1 2 ... 316 317 318 319 320 ... 1229 1230 >
Topic Options
#5792 - 02/24/13 03:20 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: worldwood;17126
Lol, i have ate some grubs, and worms, and beetles and........well id be here forever trying to list it all. i have done quite a few survival type challenges and been to a few other countries and enjoyed there more unique cuisines as well as foraging for wild edibles and just eating whatever because i was hungry lol. ill try anything once and have only found a few things i just dont like. like mayonaise, avacado, and balut eggs are disgusting to the point of not being able to eat them but most other things i like, especially with a cold beer.

If you want to try something bad, try pickled Quail eggs, I was burping them up for three weeks. laugh

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#5793 - 02/24/13 03:23 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: worldwood;17124
Question for you guys down under.

I want to send a payment to someone in australia, he is only 16 with no bank account and i dont have paypal, can you guys accept a money order over there? any option you know about to send a payment, id appreciate the help. its only for 40 dollars. And its not rat related but this kid has some talent, made me some g10 scales and a kydex sheath for a kabar bk14 and they came out looking great. I can only imagine what he will be able to do when he gets older.

Where does this young fella live? If he's in the big smoke maybe Magoo or elof would be better to help you

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#5794 - 02/24/13 03:24 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Lmao pickled quail eggs sound great... or maybe not.

Not sure what you mean by big smoke but he is in western australia, lol dont know how much that helps... ill ask him for a city name

#5795 - 02/24/13 04:12 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
WW, I can help you. If you get the fella's details I cand get an MO, or deposit into his account, to him and you can PayPal the cash to me. Probably the quickest option, and cheapest.

There's also the Western Union, but they charge, not sure how much.

Another option is to go to a bank in US and tell them you wanted to send a cheque to Australia. Most banks have some sort of arrangment between the countries, but he might not be able to deposit it into his bank, and opening a new account for $40 would be a bit silly.

Would you mind showing us some pics?

#5796 - 02/24/13 04:12 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

Ah, and don't advertise his being only 16 and playing with knives...

#5797 - 02/24/13 04:33 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

here are a couple pics but i ran into trouble posting them directly here for some reason. And if the parent/gaurdian knows and is ok with it, is that still an issue over there? i bought my son a knife and he is 4. my daughter and she is 6. they can only use them directly in front of me when we are camping and such but theres nothing illegal about it. Boy scouts carry knives all the time and they are younger kids. Is it only a problem over there? now he has no intention of shipping a knife at all, he just made some handles and a sheath and i dont see why that should be wrong but i wont mention it further just in case.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76160549%40N02/8503040234/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76160549@N02/8481646404/in/photostream/

And i dont have paypal, but he does, well his father does and his father will be the one shipping me the stuff so i would pay paypal if i could. maybe i can look into just sending a moneypak or MO to someone with regular paypal and have them send the funds thru paypal to him.

#5798 - 02/24/13 04:40 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

You could get someone with PayPal on your side to send it to the guy.

You're right, pretty neat stuff for a kid his age.

Well, it is illegal to sell knives to minors, and with the law and it's interpretation here you never know... Just wanted to warn you about making it public, that's it.

#5799 - 02/24/13 04:44 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Yea thats prolly the best bet and your right better safe than sorry never hurts.

#5800 - 02/24/13 04:48 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

Alternatively you could check with the guy if he'd trade for some materials. It is quite likely that the G10 came from US... You guys have much better supplies than us here...

#5801 - 02/24/13 05:03 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Yea that is an idea, have to check if theres anything i could send him.

Not related but how is Busse pronounced? Is it 1 syllable or 2? more like boo-see, bussey, or like the word boost with out the T.. I have only ever read it, never heard it.

Not being disrespectful in any way just wanting to pronounce it correctly is all. When i showed the pink handled knives to my wife she said, "nice pink Busse" but the way she pronounced it sounded...well im sure you get it.

Page 318 of 1230 < 1 2 ... 316 317 318 319 320 ... 1229 1230 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.