header

Page 79 of 79 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79
Topic Options
#52018 - 03/09/19 06:46 PM Re: Hunting Pictures and Stories [Re: Hard Knocks]
Andy the Aussie Online   content

It did. killed the air intake and caused the system to go into a "safe mode" that meant it would only do about 30km/h !!! You would be screwed if it happened in a really remote area...it is fair to say that shocked me a little as I am more use to "old school" that keep on going. Once had to use a lack to get the underside of a bullbar and guard off the wheel of a little Daihatsu that we clipped a tree in up in the Barringtons. Had it gone into a "go slow mode" we would probably still be there (it was 1985 at the time !!)

#52019 - 03/09/19 11:12 PM Re: Hunting Pictures and Stories [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
Yeah, a tree will put them out of shape. grin

There's a road that cuts across from the New England hwy south of Singleton to Mount Thorley, through the Army grounds, (you've probably been over it many times) the Roos along there at night will give you a workout.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.

#52059 - 03/22/19 05:12 PM Re: Hunting Pictures and Stories [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Just towed a fatty to a better spot for working on it. grin

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.

#52085 - 03/30/19 06:45 PM Re: Hunting Pictures and Stories [Re: Trumby]
Andy the Aussie Online   content

Originally Posted By: Trumby
Yeah, a tree will put them out of shape. grin

There's a road that cuts across from the New England hwy south of Singleton to Mount Thorley, through the Army grounds, (you've probably been over it many times) the Roos along there at night will give you a workout.
.....yes I know the one well !!!!! You are right. It's because the Roos are all protected on the Army Base !!!

#52090 - 03/31/19 05:00 PM Re: Hunting Pictures and Stories [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

I have a mate that worked on an open cut coal mine out there and had to travel it every night to get to work, he had about eight collisions with Roo's on that road over the years.

The bull-bar always saved him from the front, but the ones that slammed into the side was another story. grin

I think the army thins them out every now and then, but not enough.
They were culling horses out there last year, that sure brought the animal libbers out of the woodwork. smile

Page 79 of 79 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.