header

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#51554 - 09/27/18 01:29 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
Hello, DT. Its great to see you back, how have you been?

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#51555 - 09/27/18 10:48 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
Amen. smirk

#51563 - 09/28/18 08:38 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: In a phone booth near you
I have been tired. Thanks for asking. With all the weather changes we've had comes migraines, swelling, joint pain, and excessive nerve pain. Some days I'd probably cut off my feet if I had the option. I've chatted with a person with my issues who did just that to get away from the pain--no regrets, surprisingly. The intensity will pass once the weather decides what season it wants to be, though, so I'll try to keep my extremities intact for now smile

It's been crazy sending my oldest off into the world. My one reassurance: he has an RMD grin

There's a sketchy guy living in the apartment (shared by 6 guys). Seems like no matter the situation, when you get a group of guys living together, one of them will inevitably be psycho. Loners don't play well with others.

The kid's picture, when they were making apartment allocations, looked normal--scrawny and somewhat nerdy even. Now he's a hulking brute who stands shirtless in front of a mirror recording video for his vlog about his workout and eating routines ("Alright guys. So I just did 200 pushups after hitting my bench press PR. Had a whey shake, and a protein bar, and I am looking NICE! Check out how ripped those pecs are!").

I'd guess the kid was probably picked on a lot as throughout elementary and high school and is now making up for lost time. Seems like a CLASSIC overcompensating bully victim.

Jonathan told me he had a "moronic" haircut. I was saying: "Please say mullet! Pleas say mullet!". Unfortunately, he described something that sounded like one of the punk-ish haircuts I had prior to going full-Mohawk, so I had to remain silent in my 1980s shame.

The major issue is that the guy walks around shirtless, and brings home different girls with whom to make out in the middle of the living room. He basically takes over the common space with his rambunctious sexscapades-light. It makes everyone else uncomfortable. It's BYU-Idaho, so there's a very strict honor and morality code--the other guys in the apartment don't want to get the boot because this guy is being a tool.

I told Jonathan that he should just go in when they're at it, make some popcorn, and watch TV (or just stare at them). He and his other housemates have started doing that. The oldest guy in the apartment (23-24 I think) told him he can't be bringing girls in and laying on top of them while they make out on the couch.

That's when he completely stopped talking to everyone else in the apartment and glowering at them whenever they say "hi." He glowers at them over breakfast. Glowers at them when passing them in the halls. Glowers at them in the shower and while they sleep (ok, that part I hope I made up).

Jonathan texted me, saying "I'm low-key afraid of this dude. He spends 8 hours a day working out and has become a total jerk to everyone here. I'm not too worried though, since I sleep with my Ratmandu next to my head at night."

Bussekin: protecting 18 year olds from the caves of Afghanistan to the dorms of Rexburg Idaho. Maybe that should be the new slogan grin

Ah. Drama.

I busted out laughing two days back when my wife--one of the most prim and proper women you'll meet--looked at me as we were discussing this and said "This guy is a real douche!"

I have NEVER heard her say ANYTHING remotely like that grin At the same time, however, truer words have never been spoken grin

Old School Rats

#51564 - 09/28/18 09:39 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

It takes all kinds to make up this world. smirk

#51570 - 09/28/18 04:25 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Crikey DT, shocked
I'm starting to feel better about leaving school at 14 after that. grin grin

#51617 - 10/16/18 12:48 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

We were only talking about spider bites the other day where elof mentioned he was bitten by a Red Back

Here's where I was bit by a White Tail spider.

Here's a six foot Red Belly black snake that bit my wife on the ugg boot.
Mind you I don't chuckle about it when she's around. grin

An Ugg boot is a ankle high sheep skin slipper/boot.
I had blown about three inches off the business end here with my shotgun.
She swears that she never stood on it, but i don't believe her. laugh
She came tearing down from her strawberry patch yelling she'd been snake bit. lol.

I can't laugh, I walked out of the house early one morning and stepped over one just as big, probably still half asleep and scratching my ass. laugh

#51621 - 10/21/18 02:05 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

The joys of living in the land of Oz! laugh

#51624 - 10/21/18 05:56 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Your pretty safe here in the bush as long as you are aware of keeping an eye out for them.
Most that get bit here are doing something stupid. laugh

#51625 - 10/22/18 06:57 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

Well, you can have them! laugh

#51639 - 10/29/18 11:26 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Man alive I'd probably be dead of a heart attack before I realized I wasn't bit lol.

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.