header

Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#51350 - 08/27/18 05:08 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
LOL.

I used to work for an old fella that swore if a man wanted to become successful in life he was to stay with Holden utes and Caterpillar machinery and Mack trucks. grin

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#51351 - 08/29/18 03:50 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: elof_alv]
Andy the Aussie Offline

Originally Posted By: elof_alv

I always thought that the bonnet up was a default position on any Holden...

I'm just gonna roll on the floor laughing until Andy gives me some stern words...
Used to own Astra... got a genuine Holden alternator that fell off the truck to get it running smoothly... (damn! where's the rolling on the floor emoticon when you need it?!?!?)
.....next knife delivery you get I may send in the Prius...lets see if they arrive.... wink wink

#51362 - 08/31/18 05:23 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: elof_alv]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Originally Posted By: elof_alv

I'm just gonna roll on the floor laughing until Andy gives me some stern words...snip...damn! where's the rolling on the floor emoticon when you need it?!?!?)

Lol. It was worth the log-in to see elof this gleeful!! grin

Ian, it's a wonder that rig wasn't washed plumb down the river.

#51371 - 09/01/18 06:13 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Originally Posted By: Hard Knocks

Ian, it's a wonder that rig wasn't washed plumb down the river.

Yes, they were very lucky, the old fellas wife was so scared she was going to become a big salty's dinner while they were stuck there, forgetting that death would be drowning if they were washed down. laugh

#51372 - 09/01/18 07:04 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Andy the Aussie Offline

Had this fight with the Princess of Darkness when we were up in the NT, had a deep'ish crossing to make so I told her to get her seat belt off and the window down, that way if we got pushed over she would be able to get out easier...she would do neither as she was not planning on leaving the Toyota....I tried to point out that drowning would be a certainty and being eaten was still only a remote chance but she was having none of it. I did explain I would have no further conversation about it once water started filling the cabin and would be making for the bank if she chose to join me...

#51373 - 09/01/18 07:51 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

LOL. grin

It's amazing how the fear of being eaten takes prevalence over every thing else. laugh

#51374 - 09/01/18 08:34 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Andy the Aussie Offline

Yep....logic goes out the window.... !!

#51380 - 09/03/18 02:42 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Mind you, a big one often will watch the habits of people camped and lay waiting hidden and watching their movements ready for an opportunity to grab them.

There's been some slack stockmen taken that way, its not only tourists. grin

#51382 - 09/03/18 03:45 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
One of the people giving me jobs freaked out today when I sent her a Redback picture from the job and said she's getting a pest control guy in...

Given the shit that I was doing (removing a pile of various shit that the mental owner of property dumped between the fence and the house) I was happy that I didn't come across a Funnel Web spider...

I didn't enjoy getting bitten by a Red Back 15 years ago, I'd imagine it was something akin to bad acid trip (never done anything more than marijuana), so the driving back home would have been out of the question... but spiders have extremely important role in the ecosystem, so i didn't kill the girl...

However I might need to fumigate my van... somehow I managed to bring a lizard to the tip, so possibly some of the spiders might have caught the ride too...

Edited by elof_alv (09/03/18 03:46 AM)

#51385 - 09/03/18 04:42 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

There's a good chance you have a couple there. laugh

We used to bring thousands back with the rock truck, I imagine many fell off on the way down as well. grin
I was bit by a Redback at about age 8, trying to get him into a matchbox. laugh

Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.