header

Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#51228 - 08/13/18 05:41 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Andy the Aussie]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Originally Posted By: Andy the Aussie
Well as you know I have an aversion to my picture being out there....but here's one I can live with...

Looks like you're ready and rearing to tackle the world there Andy!

Edited by Hard Knocks (08/13/18 05:41 PM)

#51229 - 08/13/18 05:44 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Private Klink]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Originally Posted By: Private Klink
H/K, you look like you're big enough to wrestle a bear! grin Those dogs sure look happy.

That's my kid, and yep, I let him do most of the wrestling now!! grin

Originally Posted By: Trumby
That's a great picture!

I noticed all of the dogs have trackers on them, I could have done with a few of those at times. grin

I've ran dogs most of my life without them. About 12-15 years ago I began running telemetry collars, and then about five years back upgraded to GPS collars. I certainly do not want to go back to the old way!

Edited by Hard Knocks (08/13/18 05:50 PM)

#51231 - 08/13/18 06:03 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Andy the Aussie Offline

yep....had Mum known what she was getting into she would have probably returned me then and there. I am guessing that is late 1969.

#51232 - 08/13/18 07:21 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: Hard Knocks

I've ran dogs most of my life without them. About 12-15 years ago I began running telemetry collars, and then about five years back upgraded to GPS collars. I certainly do not want to go back to the old way!

Yeah, it's not much fun still out in the middle of the night looking for dogs. grin

WE were out until about 3am one morning calling and looking for dogs, my mate said I think we should give up and come back in a day or two, though we wont have the same desire I guess, what desire is that?
To shoot the bloody things on sight. grin

Often we had to go back for one or two, they'd be laid up at a farm sore footed and looking miserable.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#51233 - 08/13/18 07:25 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Andy,
that's a fetching picture of a healthy looking young fella. grin

#51234 - 08/13/18 10:10 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

I think I've shown this one. grin

Taken in 1958 at Collarenebri, getting a feed for the dogs laugh

Rifle is a Lithgow .22 single shot, the only rifle I owned at that age.
Went droving just after that pic was taken from Burren Junction to the Riverina.
After that I was cashed up and able to buy my first hi power MK5 .303 Jungle Carbine.

Later on in life I bought a Mauser 3000 in 30-06 and a Roberts rifle in Roberts 257. But kept the Jungle Carbine most of my adult life, mainly used on a horse in a scabbard, I eventually shot the barrel out on the .303.

#51237 - 08/14/18 12:05 AM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Trumby]
Andy the Aussie Offline

Originally Posted By: Trumby
Andy,
that's a fetching picture of a healthy looking young fella. grin
....yeah, but it seems I grew out of those baby good looks.... wink

#51242 - 08/14/18 07:45 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Here's some old pictures of the Lightening Ridge "Billy Goat Races"

I used to go out there every year until I heard that the animal libbers were going out to protest about cruelty to the wild goats that were caught each year for the races.

A whole load of BS!

Every now and then a goat would find a way out of the cordoning and head for the hills with someones kid hanging on as the jockey.

Then there would be 4X4 wheeler's heading in all directions to get the kid back. grin
Being wild, they didn't all run in the right direction.

#51243 - 08/14/18 08:21 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Andy the Aussie Offline

It's been a bloody long time since I went to Lightening Ridge. There was a time there when gunfights around town were not uncommon. God knows how many bodies are actually stuffed into old shafts there !!

#51248 - 08/14/18 08:34 PM Re: Picture and Conversation Thread [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Yeah I know, as a kid I used to go out with the mail contractor to open the gates for him. The pub in those days was corrugated iron on bush poles.
Nothing to see fellas walking around with a rifle or shotgun in those days. grin

If anything, Coober Pedy was worse or better, depending on how you look on changes we have in today's society. laugh

Here's a few more!

The Wiz bin races.

Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.