header

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#41388 - 01/18/15 03:51 PM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
Andy the Aussie Offline

I resisted GPS for many many years for just these reasons. I was generally able to wander "aimlessly" in the bush for hours and just find my way back to camp/vehicle. Missed the right reentrant once that added about 5hrs to my walk but I at least realised what happened and didn't need to back track to recover.

I have a very very basic GPS, I ahve an array of points that I use regularly when I am hunting etc and love the little thing. I find still however my sense of direction is excellent. It is mos comforting out in the falt country where you loose the height perspective. It is also great for stalking up onto tanks in the dark so you are well in place before daylight or finding that spot you identified in the day where game is crossing a track/fence right at dawn or after sundown.

#41398 - 01/19/15 04:06 AM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
MonkeyBomb Offline

Loc: USA
I usually wear a Casio G-shock GW 500A. Its tough and you never have to do anything with it.

I do want to get a nice MARATAC Mid Pilot model. I prefer an analog watch. A watch with hands is more useful to me.

#41402 - 01/19/15 03:31 PM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Let's be honest here, the main reason devices fail is the people who use them!
Sure nothing life threatening, but a few times I lagged around in the bush a larger camera that I forgot to charge the battery for... Just extra weight in the pack...

People nowadays get stuffed because they rely too heavily on their cell phones. Sure, the things have an app for just about anything, but pretty much all of those are worthless when there is no network coverage...

#41403 - 01/19/15 04:11 PM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
Andy the Aussie Offline

elof ..... that is exactly why I carry at least one spare battery for the DSLR now. It is annoying enough when you can actually take a picture with it !!! wink

#41410 - 01/20/15 07:21 AM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Yeah, I'll need to get a second battery... And maybe a usb charger, that should work with solar charger if I forget to charge both... laugh

#48133 - 09/02/19 07:24 PM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Got a new watch this year, another Adina Country Master, the old one was still going strong but this one is flasher. grin

I've taken the band off my old watch and put it in my belt pouch.

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#48165 - 09/10/19 05:45 AM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
I only wear expensive watches; the last one cost me $4.00, but the one before cost $7.00. blush

#48184 - 09/16/19 06:18 AM Re: What Wrist Watch You EDW? [Re: GraphyFotoz]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Mine was only $150.00 but was on special as it sat in the case without selling.

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.