header

Page 219 of 1355 < 1 2 ... 217 218 219 220 221 ... 1354 1355 >
Topic Options
#4802 - 12/01/12 01:14 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted By: Dogtired;12689
Make that "burglary" if he felt he could let himself onto your property and take something without your permission.

He actually wanted to ask about it. Could not see anyone but heard the music I had going, so he decided to come in... He actually didn't complain about the dog attacking him, guess he knew he had no right to!
The thing was that the dog has not been ever aggressive towards a human before! Other dogs were completely different story...

#4803 - 12/01/12 04:44 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: Dogtired;12688
Yeah, here we call that "trespassing" and the ding dong would deserve what he got wink

I agree.
But, when my dog Stan roughed a burglar up a few years back I had a visit from the local council and the police. I was made shorten his chain about ten feet, have a gate installed on the shed and he had to be in there as soon as he had his early morning run, otherwise he was being classed as a "dangerous dog" and we would have had to spend quite an amount of money modifying the yard for him with a locked pen and periodic inspections.

I might add that the scum bag that he caught had climbed the front gate and was stealing plants by passing them over the gate to his mate. This took place at 5.30am in the morning.

Apart from torn clothes, scratches and bruising and a doctors report that he was in great shock he was fine. laugh

We ended up the bad guys here. The police seemed apologetic and kept repeating that they were only doing their job when my wife went off at them. laugh

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#4804 - 12/01/12 07:14 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Joshua R. Offline
Die Hard Rat

So your justice system is as screwed up as ours. mad

#4805 - 12/01/12 02:05 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
MonkeyBomb Offline

Loc: USA
Speak for yourself Josh.

I would have made sure a Trumby gave the dog a treat and a good pat on the head for roughing up a thief. I still live and work in afree state. You get your butt handed to you by a homeonwner for stealing his stuff or your dog gives him some love you are good to go. Break into a house and you may pay with your life. No charges or lawsuit against the homeowner. The benefits of living in a free state.

#4806 - 12/01/12 03:27 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
PatrickKnight Offline

That is what I miss about living in Texas. I could conceal carry there with no worries. I can here in Ohio as well but I am seriously affraid that if I was ever put in a situation that required me to use it I would be seeing a prison cell for murder.

#4807 - 12/01/12 05:19 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Joshua R. Offline
Die Hard Rat

I was told by a Lawyer that, if you use your concealed carry for self defense it is most likely going to cost you about $40,000.00. For me, I think that would be a small price to pay for protecting my family's life.

#4808 - 12/01/12 06:04 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
PatrickKnight Offline

Yea but the sad thing is Josh where I lived in Texas it would have cost me maybe one night in jail and 150 bucks. I totally agree I would not hesititate at all if me or my wifes life were in danger but its just sad that I will most likely be looked at as a bad guy for shooting someone trying to harm my family.

#4809 - 12/01/12 06:08 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
Many years ago I had what we called in Australia an open licence, same as your concealed carry license. Back then we needed an excuse for carrying, usually it was conveyance of money or one time for me it was protection of blood stock. I was managing a race horse property.

I spoke to two detectives back then about the possability of ever having to use it, their advice to me was if I did, make sure that only one story went to court. laugh Their words, Quote: "If you have to shoot someone, keep shooting until you are sure that he is dead, if you run out of ammunition, stuff the gun down his throat and choke him to death. laugh Just be sure you are the only one with the story" words I've never forgotten. laugh

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#4810 - 12/01/12 06:59 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Originally Posted By: Trumby;12667
Carl's gone awol ?
Maybe he's up in the mountains somewhere cooking a rabbit on an open fire.

Yeah, went back to the hills to be there for the storm. Sorry no notice, but I didn't know I was going till I went.;)
-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#4811 - 12/01/12 07:04 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Carl, did you catch the storm?

Page 219 of 1355 < 1 2 ... 217 218 219 220 221 ... 1354 1355 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.