header

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47251 - 04/11/16 02:56 PM Busse with Rat Steel
Woodrat Offline

Loc: Gem State
My Special Forces Natural Outlaw in Battle Grade showed up Friday before last. I took it out the past two weekends and got a few shots with spring in Idaho as the background.

This is north of Ola, Idaho

Left to right, Ratmastiff, Ratweiler, BG ASH, BG SFNO, Camp Tramp.

This was last weekend in the Boise Mountains with the pup.

Enjoy!

#47252 - 04/11/16 03:19 PM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Woodrat]
Joshua R. Offline
Die Hard Rat

Great pics. Looks like a great place to get lost in.

#47255 - 04/11/16 04:26 PM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Woodrat]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Great pictures, Gregg.
There's some beautiful country around you there, and the knives don't look half bad either. grin

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#47259 - 04/11/16 07:36 PM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Trumby]
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
A big +1 to what Ian said! smile And I am really envious of that RatMastiff!

#47264 - 04/12/16 01:17 AM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Woodrat]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
I'll bet you and I have crossed some of the same ground. We've definitely carried some of the same steel while doing it. smile

#47330 - 04/19/16 11:02 PM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Woodrat]
Drumrboy Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Always on the move
That is some beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.

Never Stop Trying

#47339 - 04/21/16 02:58 PM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Drumrboy]
Woodrat Offline

Loc: Gem State
Thanks Guys! Ian knows a little about that Ratmastiff! It is some great country out there and I enjoy getting out when I can. I'm sure we have crossed the same country along the way, Hardknocks!

#47340 - 04/21/16 05:35 PM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Woodrat]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Woodrat
Thanks Guys! Ian knows a little about that Ratmastiff! It is some great country out there and I enjoy getting out when I can. I'm sure we have crossed the same country along the way, Hardknocks!

Yes I do. I even have a picture of you receiving it for your birthday! grin

That was back in the days when they first came out, so its been a while.

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#47346 - 04/21/16 07:37 PM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Woodrat]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Originally Posted By: Woodrat

As a late-comer to SRKW, I missed out on some of the old school rats, the mastiff being one of them. I always thought of the mastiff as kind of the iconic Swamp Rat knife, like the ash-1 or battle mistress for busse. Every time one would come up on the exchange I was either minutes too late, or broke. Or there was such a price hung on it that I couldn't justify it.

Then one day the stars aligned and I had money in hand and a mastiff available. I was tickled to death to land it after several years of 'want' smile I can see there is more to the story with woodrat's blade. If you fellas feel like sharing it, I'll be happy to read it smile

#47396 - 04/28/16 02:25 AM Re: Busse with Rat Steel [Re: Hard Knocks]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Hard Knocks
I can see there is more to the story with woodrat's blade. If you fellas feel like sharing it, I'll be happy to read it smile

Yes, there is, I ordered two when they came out, and Gregg was tonguing for one and somehow missed out.

He's wife emailed me and asked if I would part with one as she wanted to give him one as a surprise for his birthday.
I emailed one to Eric, as they were all not yet shipped and he sent one direct to Gregg's wife. grin I somewhere have a picture of him receiving it for his birthday.

I was later able to replace it from the exchange with a Muddy and Tan.
The Ratmastiff was named after my dog Stan, who was an inducted hog. I never made the distinction myself, like, "Stan the Ham" laugh

Some of the knives used to arrive here addressed to him as well. The mail contractor used to ask, who the bloody hell was Stan ?? grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.