header

Page 204 of 237 < 1 2 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 236 237 >
Topic Options
#46419 - 01/08/16 09:04 AM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Drumrboy Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Always on the move
A Chinese guy goes into a Jewish-owned establishment to buy black bras, size 38. The Jewish store keeper, known for his skills as a businessman, says that black bras are rare and that he is finding it very difficult to buy them from his suppliers. Therefore he has to charge $50.00 for them.
The Chinese guy buys 25 pairs.

He returns a few days later and this time orders 50.

The Jewish owner tells him that they have become even harder to get and charges him $60.00 each.

The Chinese guy returns a month later and buys the store’s remaining stock of 50 and this time for $75.00 each.

The Jewish owner is somewhat puzzled by the large demand for black size 38 bras and asks the Chinese guy, “…please tell me – What do you do with all these black bras?”

The Chinese guy answers: “I cut them in half and sell them as skull caps to Jewish men for $200.00 each.

Never Stop Trying

#46420 - 01/09/16 12:24 AM Re: Giggles [Re: Drumrboy]
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
OY! grin

#46421 - 01/09/16 01:03 AM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
A letter home from a Son...

Dear Ma and Pa:

Am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Army beats working for Old Man Minch a mile. Tell them to join up quick before maybe all the places are filled. I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m., but am getting so I like to sleep late.

Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot and shine some things - no hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing. You got to shave, but it is not bad in warm water.

Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, beef, ham steak, fried eggplant, pie and regular food. But tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit between two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you till noon, when you get fed.

It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much. We go on "route marches," which, the Sgt. says, are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it is not my place to tell him different. A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys all get sore feet and we ride back in trucks. The country is nice, but awful flat. The Sgt. is like a schoolteacher. He nags some. The Capt. is like the school board. Cols. and Gens. just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.

This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bull's-eye is near as big as a chipmunk and don't move. And it ain't shooting at you, like the Higsett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it, you don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellows get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving son, Zeb

P.S. Speaking of shooting, enclosed is $200 for barn roof and ma's teeth. The city boys shoot craps, but not very good.

Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, that’ll freak you right out.

#46422 - 01/09/16 04:27 PM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Drumrboy Offline
Die Hard Rat

My grandpa would always tell met hat when he was growing up, in rural North Carolina, his mother would give him $1 and send him down to the store. He’d come back with 2 loaves of bread, half a gallon of milk, a carton of eggs, and a pound of pork. He says you can’t do that nowadays, way too many security cameras.

Never Stop Trying

#46423 - 01/09/16 05:06 PM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Drumrboy Offline
Die Hard Rat

A week after John bought a bull, he complained to his friend, “All that bull does is eat grass. Won’t even look at a cow.”
“Take him to the vet,” his friend suggested.
The next week, John is much happier.
“The vet gave him some pills, and the bull serviced all of my cows!” he told his pal.
“Then he broke through the fence and bred with all my neighbor’s cows! He’s like a machine!”
“What kind of pills were they?” asked the friend.
“I don’t know, but they’ve got a peppermint taste.”

Never Stop Trying

#46424 - 01/09/16 05:14 PM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

All arrivals in heaven have to go through a bureaucratic examination to determine whether admission will be granted. One room has a clerk who inputs computerized records of what each applicant did on his or her last day of life.

The first applicant of the day explains that his last day was not a good one. "I came home early and found my wife lying naked in bed. She claimed she had just gotten out of the shower. Well, her hair was dry and I checked the shower and it was completely dry too. I knew she was into some hanky-panky and I began to look for her lover.

"I went onto the balcony of our 9th floor apartment and found the SOB clinging to the rail by his fingertips. I was so angry that I began bashing his fingers with a flower pot. He let go and fell, but his fall was broken by some awnings and bushes. On seeing he was still alive I found super human strength to drag our antique cedar chest to the balcony and throw it over. It hit the man and killed him. At this point the stress got to me and I suffered a massive heart attack and died."

The clerk thanked him and sent him on to the waiting room.

The second applicant said that his last day was his worst. "I was on the roof of an apartment building working on the AC equipment. I stumbled over my tools and toppled off the building. I managed to grab onto the balcony rail of a 9th floor apartment but some idiot came rushing out on the balcony and bashed my hands with a flower pot. I fell but hit some awnings and bushes and survived, but as I looked up I saw a huge chest falling toward me. I tried to crawl out of the way but failed and was hit and killed by the chest."

The clerk couldn't help but chuckle as he directs the man to the waiting room.

He is still giggling when his third customer of the day enters. He apologizes and says, "I doubt that your last day was as interesting as the two fellows that arrived here just before you."

"I don't know" replies the man... "Picture this, I'm buck naked hiding in this cedar chest..."

Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, that’ll freak you right out.

#46425 - 01/09/16 05:19 PM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

80 YEAR OLD'S PHYSICAL

An 80 year old man goes for a physical. All of his tests come back with normal results.

The doctor says, "Ron, everything looks great. How are you doing mentally and emotionally?

Are you at peace with God?"

Ron replies, "God and I are tight. He knows I have poor eyesight, so He's fixed it so when I get up

in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, poof! The light goes on.

When I'm done, poof! The light goes off."

"Wow, that's incredible," the doctor says.

A little later in the day, the doctor calls Ron's wife. "Penny," he says, "Ron is doing fine! But I had to call you because I'm in awe of his relationship with God. Is it true that he gets up during the night, and poof! the light goes on in the bathroom, and when he's done, poof! the light goes Off

"Oh sweet Jesus!", exclaims Penny. "He's #issin' in the refrigerator again!"

#46428 - 01/09/16 09:03 PM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
I like the letter home from son...

and, Rose cured me from using the refer- she makes my dinner the night before and makes sure I know it is there. No lights for me. smile

-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#46429 - 01/10/16 01:07 AM Re: Giggles [Re: Carl Theile]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Carl Theile
Rose cured me from using the refer- she makes my dinner the night before and makes sure I know it is there. No lights for me. smile

-carl

lol, I never did get into that refrigerator habit. Besides the wardrobe is much closer. grin

#46432 - 01/10/16 10:52 AM Re: Giggles [Re: RobStanley]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Back in the day, before rules, walls and houses, things were far simpler as long as it wasn't into the wind. smile

-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

Page 204 of 237 < 1 2 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 236 237 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.