header

Topic Options
#43739 - 06/11/15 11:23 PM Lots of models getting sold out
Wheat Offline

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Notice a lot of the models are listed as sold out? Rodent 7 and 5 specifically.

Anyone wonder (or know?!?!) what's next?

#43740 - 06/11/15 11:35 PM Re: Lots of models getting sold out [Re: Wheat]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Selling out of old models to make room for new stuff... Like the Ratweiler CGs, more MMDs in SR101, I heard there may even be some Chop Mastiffs.

Well... Thats one fantasy anyways grin

#43742 - 06/12/15 12:13 AM Re: Lots of models getting sold out [Re: worldwood]
Wheat Offline

Originally Posted By: worldwood
Selling out of old models to make room for new stuff... Like the Ratweiler CGs, more MMDs in SR101, I heard there may even be some Chop Mastiffs.

Well... Thats one fantasy anyways grin

I'm Hoping so Woody...

#43744 - 06/12/15 03:53 AM Re: Lots of models getting sold out [Re: Wheat]
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
Me too!!! grin

#43880 - 06/19/15 09:42 AM Re: Lots of models getting sold out [Re: Wheat]
The Professor Offline

Greetings. I know I'm new here and am sorry to have my initial post be such a potential bummer.

I'm a little concerned that what happened to Scrap Yard is going to happen to Swamp Rat, as well. Scrap Yard changed their model of doing business away from "standard" in-shop models to one-style in one run at one offering only.

It' s been several months and Scrap Yard has offered NO new (or old) models. The SYKCO forum members are getting a bit twitchy.

I had turned to Swamp Rat to get a similar quality, albeit different profile knife but, alas, the Swamp Rat 5" is Sold Out.

It's almost enough to make a guy panic-buy.

The Professor

#43944 - 06/21/15 09:14 AM Re: Lots of models getting sold out [Re: Wheat]
Wheat Offline

Do some reading on posts here and on blade in the busse forums, professor. Dan at the yard is going back to the old model once his military contract is finished. I'm pretty sure some things will be changing, but that doesn't mean its for the worse. A lot of these knives have been around for a long time, a lot longer than is normal for busse kin.

If you want to panic buy, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

#43947 - 06/21/15 12:42 PM Re: Lots of models getting sold out [Re: Wheat]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Truth is... NONE of us really know what the people behind the doors have planned.

In the last couple years, until now, i dont remember ANY of the regular knives ever selling out on the SR website.

Now there are currently 6 sold out on the main page. So its quite possible that they are making room for new blades, or even switching up the way some things are done -think similar to the YARD.

From what i remember reading, the swamp use to switch up the offered blades more frequently. IIRC this is the longest a group of knives have stayed up for sale?? I could be wrong and mixing memories with something else though.....

As far as no new blades for several months... Well that takes time.

Grab some steel. Design a new model knife that performs well, experiment with different geometries to get the best you can with the intended usage, prototype, produce, heat treat, coatings, plan to market, then marketing and updating web sites....

a few months to release and start selling a new model is VERY quick actually. It can take a couple of months just to get a decent prototype knocked out.

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.