Loc: S/W Missouri
The Swamp and the Yard are having the same problems. frown

#42457 - 04/15/15 04:20 AM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: Private Klink]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted By: Private Klink
The Swamp and the Yard are having the same problems. frown

Dan is interacting a lot more than saying that a pic or new acquisition is great...
You (and some others) would know what I mean Tom...

#42465 - 04/15/15 01:44 PM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: elof_alv]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

I hear you. wink

#42483 - 04/15/15 09:13 PM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: Joshua R.]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: In a phone booth near you
Well, Dan has a vested interest in the Yard. Not quite sure who if anyone has a vested interest here.

Old School Rats

#42487 - 04/15/15 11:50 PM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: Dogtired]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

Jennifer Busse is the President. wink

#42500 - 04/16/15 11:39 PM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: Joshua R.]
Ronald Athay Offline

Loc: Washington
As I read this, and the other thread, I am reminded of something I wrote on one of these forums when scrapyard had an incredably short offering (20 minutes) on a 4" infi knife with a muddler handle. Some people bought as many at 20 knives. I spoke then about "dealers" and why I was so frustrated. Seems nothing has changed (or we have regressed?). I truly liked the recent "Store" concept.
Ron Athay

#42501 - 04/16/15 11:45 PM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: Joshua R.]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Ron,
I's slightly different, the 20 min sale was accessible to everyone with access to internet/phone, but I get your frustration.

The biggest difference is that the first mention of those blades in the Swamp was a link to Busse forum. And requests for more pics or specs went completely ignored.
Were those really Swamp Rat knives, or someone just screwed up the logo that was engraved?

First it was the Anniversary Ratweilers that some of us ordered 2 years ago... CG was a Ganza only...
Last Ganza, new flavor of RMD sports a silly hole and BUSSE engraving... Sure, Talon Hole is trademarked by Jerry, but then wouldn't RMD be as well by the SRKW?

Edited by elof_alv (04/16/15 11:49 PM)

#42506 - 04/17/15 01:43 AM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: elof_alv]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

At one time it was claimed that "the only way to get a Busse knife is from Busse Combat". Back then I called Eric on that when I found that Shomer-Tec on the west coast was selling Busse knives. The new response was "well, only Busse Combat and a couple of select dealers". Now they seem happy to sell to ANYONE who wants to buy up the knives and re-sell for a big profit. smirk Not such a good deal for all the forumites, but Busse is still selling knives and making money. The "catch-all" phrase is "No regrets". frown

#42509 - 04/17/15 07:47 AM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: Ronald Athay]
RPN Offline

Originally Posted By: Ronald Athay
As I read this, and the other thread, I am reminded of something I wrote on one of these forums when scrapyard had an incredably short offering (20 minutes) on a 4" infi knife with a muddler handle. Some people bought as many at 20 knives. I spoke then about "dealers" and why I was so frustrated. Seems nothing has changed (or we have regressed?). I truly liked the recent "Store" concept.
Ron Athay

I like the store idea too. It's been nice to have a group of knives readily available vs. stalking the 'net and waiting for a chance to buy in a brief release or ganza.

Seems like the Swamp is putting the energies on the Custom Shop for new offerings and leaving the opportunity to buy those blades to chance.

#42519 - 04/18/15 04:41 PM Re: KNOB CREEK [Re: Joshua R.]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
It would be nice to KNOW the business model without having to INFER the business model. That way, we could respond a bit better.

My fear is that there is no defined business model and the shop is flying by the seat of (their collective) pants. I get the need to be somewhat entrepreneurial in this economy, but woe be to the business that outdistances its customer.

-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.