header

Page 974 of 1204 < 1 2 ... 972 973 974 975 976 ... 1203 1204 >
Topic Options
#41324 - 01/13/15 02:59 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
The mailman makes me want to PUNCH a kitten.

Every day he doesnt bring me my new lighter is another kitten getting punched, or choked.

Waiting on an IM Corona Old Boy. I have wanted one since i first held one. But at over $100 bucks for a lighter it was hard to justify the coin for it. It took a while but i finally pulled the trigger. Now im stalking my mailman, and kittens, until it arrives.

#41325 - 01/13/15 06:29 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

I know they are not real common so i thought id share a picture. They are butane and flint lighters. There are LOTS of different ones with different finishes and they vary in pricing a lot.

The one on the far left is the one im getting. Its on of the cheapest ones. It varies in price from 100-125. Its just Matte Black finish.

The middle one has real briar wood and 24K gold plating. It varies from 150 to over 200.

The one on the right is made of real sterling silver, cheapest i have seen it is over 600 bucks.

They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. If you google reviews of these things its hard to find a single person speaking a negative word about them. The guy that showed me his had it for over 10 years and it never failed to light. If they do ever fail to light, it just cost 9 bucks for any repair work. And thats really just to cover the return shipping... I can handle that.

I have been through several mid-priced lighters in the past. Never had much luck with zippo, they'd dry up and not work when i need them to and id always need to put fuel in them every few days. I have had vectors and other torches, but they never last either. Despite bleeding the tank and using high quality butane. But i think the search for a reliable lighter has come to an end, finally.... I hope.

#41331 - 01/13/15 08:28 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
WW, about 2-3 years ago I grabbed a conversion to gas for my Zippo, Wasn't fond of the evaporating fluid either.

#41334 - 01/14/15 04:07 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: worldwood]
Magoo Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Up a Tree
Originally Posted By: worldwood
The mailman makes me want to PUNCH a kitten.

Every day he doesnt bring me my new lighter is another kitten getting punched, or choked.

Man - that comment had me on the floor laughing. Thanks for the good giggle ! wink I'll send you some kittens......lol.

All Hail the Magic Blade

#41335 - 01/14/15 04:53 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Magoo Offline
Die Hard Rat

I am still laughing. I know you ain't that mean, WW, but the I can picture you doing it with a knuck and all.
I see a box of Kittens named Monday to Friday.
You punch out Monday and look at Tuesday and say "You better hope that mailman brings me my lighter tomorrow !" and little Tuesday meows pitifully. A doomed little pussycat......
In the box only Friday looks content. He is confident he won't get punched or choked.....lol.

All Hail the Magic Blade

#41336 - 01/14/15 09:27 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Joshua R. Offline
Die Hard Rat

Good morning everyone.

#41338 - 01/14/15 01:53 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Magoo Offline
Die Hard Rat

Morning, Josh.

All Hail the Magic Blade

#41341 - 01/14/15 04:45 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: Magoo
I am still laughing. I know you ain't that mean, WW, but the I can picture you doing it with a knuck and all.
I see a box of Kittens named Monday to Friday.
You punch out Monday and look at Tuesday and say "You better hope that mailman brings me my lighter tomorrow !" and little Tuesday meows pitifully. A doomed little pussycat......
In the box only Friday looks content. He is confident he won't get punched or choked.....lol.

LMAO, grin

Ave' a good day, everyone.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#41343 - 01/14/15 08:07 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
WW,
I found a lighter that I like. grin

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#41344 - 01/14/15 08:32 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: elof_alv]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: elof_alv
WW, about 2-3 years ago I grabbed a conversion to gas for my Zippo, Wasn't fond of the evaporating fluid either.

I have used the butane pipe insert for the zippo, it worked much better at holding fuel than the standard zippo.

Page 974 of 1204 < 1 2 ... 972 973 974 975 976 ... 1203 1204 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.