header

Page 895 of 1204 < 1 2 ... 893 894 895 896 897 ... 1203 1204 >
Topic Options
#39318 - 09/12/14 11:04 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
MonkeyBomb Offline

Loc: USA
First snow of the year at our elevation. Not unheard of but it has been a while. It was a really warm summer and it was right at 32 this morning.

I actually had to turn the furnace on a month early.

#39319 - 09/12/14 03:39 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: worldwood]
Lora Offline

Loc: Swampland Ohio
Originally Posted By: worldwood
Going to be a long day today. And its not starting off great simply because i cant drink any Pepsi this morning LMAO.

Have to fast. Going in around 3pm for blood work. Seeing how my cholesterol and other stuff is doing and seeing if any of the changes i have made have helped at all. Of course i havent done as well as i should of been doing so i might need to take more drastic measures depending on the results. But hopefully if nothing else it has stayed the same and not gotten worse.

Man i HATE having blood drawn. Hate it a LOT. I cant even watch as they do it. They always think its funny when they see all the tattoos i have and still look away the entire time they are drawing the blood. I have no issues getting ink work done, in fact i enjoy it. But something about a needle going into my veins bothers me quite a bit.

But ill be walking into the first store i see when i walk out of the VA looking for some caffeine free Pepsi and a sandwich LMAO

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys that covered in tattoos are queasy when it comes time to draw blood. I volunteered with the Red Cross a few times and there were more than a handful of tough looking tattooed men that fainted.

Good luck on your blood work. I hope things have changed in your favor so you don't have to make any drastic changes.

#39321 - 09/12/14 05:35 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Thanks Lora.

Im back now, it went pretty quick and easy. Wont get results for a while but hopefully everything is OK!

I have AB- blood type, the rarest blood type of all.. So when i found this out in high school i thought it would be honorable of me to donate blood... Within a minute of them sticking the needle in me i pulled it out myself because i started getting light headed and felt like i was going to faint.

Fast forward several years and in the army i went try giving blood again... Same thing happened. Almost fainted. That was the last time i tried it.. Id rather wrestle with a grizzly LOL

#39322 - 09/12/14 05:48 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
MonkeyBomb Offline

I don't know of too many people who like needles. It is invasive and unnatural.

I deal with them but that's about it.

#39323 - 09/12/14 09:34 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Got my grinder in today... But its defective.

Now i have to wait another week or so before I get the replacement.

#39324 - 09/12/14 09:43 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Lora]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: Lora

I volunteered with the Red Cross a few times and there were more than a handful of tough looking tattooed men that fainted.

LOL. grin
Needles don't bother me unless they are around a tooth. frown

I've given blood on occasions and hang out for the orange juice and the bag of lollies. grin

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#39325 - 09/12/14 09:47 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: MonkeyBomb]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: MonkeyBomb

I actually had to turn the furnace on a month early.

How does the furnace work, MB ?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#39327 - 09/12/14 10:27 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
MonkeyBomb Offline

LOL, very well. But I am enjoying a nice fire right now. I should have my family at home in a few minutes.

#39328 - 09/12/14 10:55 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Drumrboy Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Always on the move
I all for winter starting early. I've got an outdoor show tomorrow night in Detroit and the weatherman says its supposed to be about 45. That's my kind of weather!

Never Stop Trying

#39330 - 09/12/14 11:59 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
MonkeyBomb Offline

I don't mind days like today. I ran errands right after my workout. It was 37 degrees and T-shirt and jeans was just about perfect.

Page 895 of 1204 < 1 2 ... 893 894 895 896 897 ... 1203 1204 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.