header

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39104 - 09/03/14 06:28 PM A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Id like to start this thread by thanking Elof for allowing me to run some test with his Terror Monkey Hell Razor, i had a blast testing it out and thought id share some of the fun i had.

This was not testing very hard use, Since its not my knife i wasnt going to try and chop through entire logs of hardwood or anything like that. But I did test performance, light chopping, a little batoning, slicing paper, slicing water bottles, etc.

Im comparing it with the chopweiler. Im not trying to point out one is better than the other, i simply prefer to test 2 or more knives at a time and these 2 are about same in size.

As you can see the Chopweiler and the HR are very similar in size. Although the choppy is thicker stock.

Grabbed a small log...

And took the same amount of swings with each blade...

A little batoning, notice the way the blade is shaped on the HR makes it easy to use a baton and split wood.

Grabbed a slightly larger log

Choppy's turn, due to the twist and knots of this log i didnt want to use the HR on this one, only because its not my blade, but im sure it would of also work well.

Both knives work well batoning.

Time for a few videos. Im not a camera man so please excuse the poor footage, but i find it easier to get a feel for a knife when you can see it performing.

Thanks again Elof_alv for allowing me to test out the Terror Monkey. And thanks everyone for looking.

Edited by worldwood (09/03/14 06:28 PM)

#39105 - 09/03/14 08:13 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
Magoo Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Up a Tree
Awesome ! wink

All Hail the Magic Blade

#39106 - 09/03/14 08:24 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
Great stuff, WW. cool

I have a Terror Monkey as well, but I'm guessing a much older model, mine has one of the old ergo handles.

Magoo and elof has seen it and one of them might enlighten both of us what the difference is. grin

Thanks for posting this, it is very interesting.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#39107 - 09/03/14 08:35 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Thanks fellas, i had a blast!!

Ian, Does the on you own have a single lanyard hole on the bottom? Just looking thru google images. Dont think i have seen the Ergo ones. Sounds very cool though!

And your more than welcome, i enjoyed doing it!!

#39112 - 09/03/14 09:19 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

I might have it all basackwards. grin

But the Terror Monkey that I believe I have is very much like the old NO-e, only with the thinner blade.

Here's a pic of it. Someone might chime in and tell me I'm having a seniors moment. maybe even senile, but I've always called it a Terror Monkey. laugh laugh

#39113 - 09/03/14 09:42 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Looks like an NO/e, anorexic, with saw teeth. I think the terror monkey had a different spine, but Yours could be an early version.

-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#39114 - 09/03/14 10:04 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

Trumby, that knife terrorizes my little monkey till it's tossing poo so it's pretty cool but I have no idea of what it is to assist with the confirm/deny.

WW, nice thread. Elof's a good guy to let you play with his new toy.

N2K RMD = FFG Comp Finish INFI w/ black canvas micarta @ .187 or less.
MOAR = Swamp's answer to the MOAB.

#39119 - 09/03/14 11:02 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

That is a cool knife Ian! Im not big on serrations, but i do love the looks of that blade and handle.

Thanks N2k! And Elof was definitely awesome to let me play with his new toy!!

#39121 - 09/03/14 11:19 PM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Originally Posted By: worldwood
That is a cool knife Ian! Im not big on serrations

Me either, if I was to have it as a user, I would grind them off. grin

#39127 - 09/04/14 05:54 AM Re: A little fun with a Hell Razor and Chopweiler [Re: worldwood]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Nice to see you had fun WW.
I'm a bit buggered, was painting a staircase at my mother-in-law's...
Who the hell came up with an idea to build a staircase that's less than 3 feet wide and 16 feet high in highest place?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.