header

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#37012 - 06/06/14 10:09 PM I am a bit upset N2K RMD
PatrickKnight2 Offline

So I finally got a freaking login that works!!! YAY!!!

Now to the point of this topic, how long have we been asking for an INFI RMD??? Its been close to two years if my fading memory serves me right. Well I go over to the exchange on BF to find out these are being sold at Blade!!!!

Maybe I am over reacting here just a bit but it feels like the few of us loyal folks here (excuse my absence as my computer is > than me) ask for something for so long only to have it sold to the general public. Am I the only one with a bitter taste in there mouth over this?

#37015 - 06/06/14 11:33 PM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
The way around that is to get a proxy to buy you one at blade. I know many have done that in the past, including myself. grin

If my wife asks....all guns cost five bucks and ammo is free !!!

#37017 - 06/07/14 12:05 AM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Ah well...
At least they got made...

#37031 - 06/07/14 08:20 AM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
Magoo Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Up a Tree
I am with Patrick. This is something not right. N2K put a lot of effort into getting this knife made. It would be good if it were offered to us as well.

All Hail the Magic Blade

#37032 - 06/07/14 11:26 AM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
I prefer SR101 over INFI.... And the price increase for Infi is hard for me to justify when i dont think its that better in performance.

That being said, after 100's of post here.... coming up with the idea and all of us asking repeatedly for it over and over for months you would think we would at least get a heads up about it and N2K would at least get recognition.

Only 1 of us real true swamp rat fans, that are on this site supporting it all the time, even got to go to blade if im not mistaken.. And that is Klink. So the rest of us never had a chance at it, and it will likely be a show exclusive knife.... Which is kind of... Whats the word im looking for.... Well wrong.

At least we got our "Brotherhood" knives, but we made that happen ourselves if we didnt come up with it, it would likely still be a pipe dream......and i still wouldnt be surprised to see Drop Point RMDs and Drop Point R6's in the future in a ganza or at a show either really. A business will always be about money first when you come down to it.

#37033 - 06/07/14 12:01 PM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
Thesnakeman2 Offline

Loc: SOUTH CAROLINA
yeah i agree with you WW
its kinda a bit of a "slap in the face" for all of us on this forum

#37034 - 06/07/14 12:47 PM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

Since I'm part of this thread I'll weigh in a bit.

The N2K RMD variant is not the INFI RMD at BS14.

An ask for an INFI RMD predates my request.

But the thread WE worked on over here on this forum did not go unnoticed. The RMD variant WE hammered out in that thread can (and in my opinion should) still become a reality.

I say that because now that a INFI RMD exists, the CS will have a difficult time telling us "No" when we request one as we want it. That said, Comp Finish may still be a no-go...so, pick a stripper-friendly coating. Or stick w/ satin and enjoy.

Am I face-slapped or bitter??? Not really. Here's why. Many of the more recent offerings from the Swamp met with mixed reviews of the handles and whatnot. The recent Ganza showed they heard those comments...and the comments from folks wanting no-choils, etc. I almost went in on a few new Ganza Rats but held out with BS14 in my sights.

Well, BS14 plan fell apart so...

N2K RMD = FFG Comp Finish INFI w/ black canvas micarta @ .187 or less.
MOAR = Swamp's answer to the MOAB.

#37035 - 06/07/14 01:17 PM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
PatrickKnight2 Offline

I am not disappointed because INFI was used in the RMD for that I think its great. It gives guys who have needs for a knife a different option IE someone who lives near the coast. I don't really think INFI improves the knife at all as I will always be on the side of SR101 in that argument.

Just goes to show that we really are the red headed step children.

#37036 - 06/07/14 01:22 PM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

Maybe I'm wrong... But I'm looking at the INFI RMD as a gateway to the N2K RMD. Time will tell.

I'm not going to get upset in any way until I get an official "No, never gonna happen".

#37037 - 06/07/14 01:26 PM Re: I am a bit upset N2K RMD [Re: PatrickKnight2]
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

I guess now it's safe to disclose that I never got a "no, never gonna happen" on the INFI RMD. There was no disclosure on when, nor confirmation it would come to be...but the confidence of it happening was high....and now, it exists.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.