header

Page 30 of 60 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 59 60 >
Topic Options
#36777 - 05/29/14 07:56 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
Lora Offline

Loc: Swampland Ohio
If I don't have to wear shoes, I don't. Outside of work and in the general public I'm barefoot. It's just the way we're supposed to be. I've got way too many flip flops, mainly because they're the closest thing to being without shoes a girl can get and still be socially acceptable. cool

Back on topic smile I gave Jaz a bath today, she wasn't too pleased but she forgave me pretty quickly.

#36778 - 05/29/14 08:02 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
My dog becomes very sneaky when its bath time, I have to hide her lead and pretend that I'm just relaxing on the verandah. Then she will walk up for a pat.

I still have to be quick, if she gets a look at the lead, she's gone. grin

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#36780 - 05/29/14 08:19 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Talking about sneaky.
I bought this colored pony for my step daughter, years ago now, to join the local pony club. I've had horses all of my life but I've never seen a pony that could get up to mischief like this one. She would open every gate in the place, turn on all of the water taps, and even open the screen door at the house and go inside. grin

She used to throw the step daughter off every chance she got, so I'd get on her and butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

Not to mention the damage she had done to any fruit tree or garden around the place. I even tied ropes around the gates to stop her, but always someone would forget to tie the rope again after opening the gate. laugh

#36784 - 05/29/14 08:52 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Lora he is looking great!!

Im only suppose to bath Neko at most 4 times a year, i have done it once myself so far and he did just fine with it, the 2nd time i took him for an oxygen infused bath and "spa" treatment. He came back so happy and smelling and looking wonderful. I figure since he is only suppose to be bathed 3-4 times a year its no biggie paying to have it done by a pro since he seems to love it and comes back looking and smelling so great.

#36785 - 05/29/14 08:57 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
Drumrboy Offline
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Always on the move
Bath time is an experience at our house. Trying to get three big dogs clean is a chore.

One of them likes it
One tolerates it
And one tries to make himself as heavy and immobile as possible.

The fun part is drying them off. I've got this big blower that they use on horses that I dry the boys with. It's about like the bath as far as which dog likes it.

Never Stop Trying

#36788 - 05/29/14 11:30 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

I rescued a little dog running along the road once, he had a name tag and a mobile number, so I rang it. It turned out his owner was a girl that owned a mobile dog wash business. Being grateful for saving her little dog she said that she would call out and give my dog a free dog wash.
When she turned up and saw the size of Stan her eyes nearly bugged out. grin all 84 kilos of him.
Being a gentleman I ended up lifting him up into the tub and held him while she washed and shampooed him. laugh

#36792 - 05/30/14 02:24 AM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: Trumby]
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
My wife is raising a Meadowlark chick that showed up in the yard. We don't know what happened or how it got where it was, but he is doing fine. Pretty good, considering that most wild birds have a very low percentage of surviving. His name for now is Irving. grin

#36797 - 05/30/14 06:25 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
Andy the Aussie Online   content

If my two fur bags see me setting up the dog bathing accessories they vanish, if I look out in the side garden there will be two sets of eyes looking back at me from up under the plants..!!!

#36798 - 05/30/14 08:24 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: worldwood]
Lora Offline

Loc: Swampland Ohio
WW, what is an oxygen infused bath treatment?

#36801 - 05/30/14 09:06 PM Re: The Swamp Rat Pet Thread [Re: Lora]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Originally Posted By: Lora
WW, what is an oxygen infused bath treatment?

This is a copy and paste below to give better info than i could LOL, but what i do know is we dropped Neko off and he was there 4 or 5 hours, he also got his nails clipped, ears cleaned and stuff like that as well though, when i picked him up he was happy as could be and smelled awesome!!!

Oxygen Infused Bath:
It is water infused with oxygen and a deep massaging action to help evenly distribute the right amount of shampoo. It gets deep down into the coat to remove any loose hair and debris. An oxygen infused bath will also make sure that the dog is free from parasites and other harmful insects that can cause serious damage to a puppy’s sensitive skin.

Page 30 of 60 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 59 60 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.