Page 11 of 21 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
#36605 - 05/23/14 07:19 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Andy the Aussie]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: Andy the Aussie
It's what happens by spending too much time in and around Jeeer ps... clearly... it lowers one's testosterone levels.... wink wink laugh laugh *cha ching*

You must have heard the story of the old bull and the young bull watching the heard of Heifers over in the next paddock. gringrin

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#36619 - 05/24/14 03:10 AM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Carl Theile]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

The big day out at the camper and 4X4 show.

After a long walk from where I had to park my truck (in the middle of a cow paddock} I finally made it into the show. grin

Fueled up on a couple of Pluto pups and a box of hot chips, plus a coke, then I got down to business. laugh

This one took my eye.

There must have been over a hundred different camper trailers to look at, starting from about $6,000 to over $100,000.

Also took a look at the locals playing on the 4X4 track. laugh

There was a fella there handling poisonous snakes, but the wind was so bad I didn't hang around to watch it.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#36626 - 05/24/14 03:37 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Carl Theile]
Joshua R. Offline
Die Hard Rat

That looks like a great time. Thanks for the pics.

#36628 - 05/24/14 07:05 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Carl Theile]
Andy the Aussie Offline

I tried to make it to that show when it was on at Rosehill last month, but work had other ideas. Pluto Pups... one of my favourite foods...dunked in tomato sauce of course..!!

#36629 - 05/24/14 07:45 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Andy the Aussie]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Andy the Aussie
I tried to make it to that show when it was on at Rosehill last month, but work had other ideas. Pluto Pups... one of my favourite foods...dunked in tomato sauce of course..!!

Yeah, especially with the tomatoe sauce running down your chin for later on. grin Food of the gods. laugh

There was way too much to see in the few hours that I was there. The same snake fella that gets there every year was struggling with a couple of brown snakes in gale force wind. LOL.

The fella at the Puma stand was telling me that there were another two shows next week, out the south west, forget the the first location, but the second was at Griffith.

#36635 - 05/24/14 09:44 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Hard Knocks]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Originally Posted By: Trumby
LMAO grin

For Carl and I, the ten minute erection time is super fast. laugh We go back to the days of the old crank handle...
Originally Posted By: Hard Knocks
Originally Posted By: Trumby
LMAO grin

For Carl and I, the ten minute erection time is super fast. laugh We go back to the days of the old crank handle...

Literally L M A O! Yep, it is officially laughed off!! laugh grin

OK, smile Just remember you are headed our way wink

-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#36636 - 05/24/14 09:47 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Carl Theile]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Ian- That last one (PUMA) goes up in 30 seconds ...at least mine does smile

-carl

Edited by Carl Theile (05/24/14 09:48 PM)

#36639 - 05/24/14 10:33 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Carl Theile]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Carl Theile
Ian- That last one (PUMA) goes up in 30 seconds ...at least mine does smile

-carl

Carl, The Puma is imported from America, and is exactly the same principal as the Avan. The Avan here btw, is made here in Australia.

I believe the Puma is much better value, comes with a ton of extras also having an awning and walls for longer camp sites.

Only $19990.00 whereas the Avan is about 10000 dearer. They are made by Forest River apparently a very large RV maker in the United States.

I'm pretty much sold on it, They have some nice slide on's as well, but on thinking about it, once you have loaded the slide on there 's no more room for anything else, with the trailer I still have my truck free to load any other gear I might want to take with me.

#36641 - 05/24/14 11:03 PM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Carl Theile]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Ian-
I get it, space is very limited. But your truck should handle the excess, and for a convenient place to flop-and-go, they are hard to beat. Check for proper skid plates, I had to add some on mine because the plumbing hangs down a bit. I did not like the slide-on, btw.

-carl

Edited by Carl Theile (05/24/14 11:05 PM)

#36645 - 05/25/14 12:51 AM Re: Camp Trailers [Re: Carl Theile]
Andy the Aussie Offline

Finished painting the Orac Hitch after the welding.... laugh Just need to grease it and all done...(left that till the painting and such was finished)...

Page 11 of 21 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.