header

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35983 - 04/22/14 04:59 PM Every Day Carry; What are You Packing?
Lora Offline

Loc: Swampland Ohio
I've been looking into hand guns a lot lately, and I was wondering if any of you might have recommendations for me. I have small hands, so I don't want anything too bulky or cumbersome. I am also looking for something that I can use as my CCW. What would you guys recommend? What do you carry? Pros and Cons? Any insight is welcome.

Edited by Lora (04/22/14 05:00 PM)

#36002 - 04/23/14 11:59 AM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
Tristine Offline

Loc: Wauseon OH
Great thread Lora. I was wondering the same thing.

#36004 - 04/23/14 04:08 PM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
MonkeyBomb Online   content

Loc: USA
Check out the Ruger LC9 and the S&W Shield. Small concealable and controllable for SEMI Autos.

Ladysmith and Ruger LCR for wheel guns.

I highly recommend shooting them nefore dropping cash on one. If you can renat one at a range or know someone who has one try it and see what you think. In the end you will be happier.

#36006 - 04/23/14 06:01 PM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
Lora Offline

I plan to try as many handguns out as I possibly can. Right now I'm just looking for ideas and suggestions based on what you guys like. There are a lot of guns to try out there, so narrowing the field a little is better than going in blind.

#36008 - 04/23/14 07:28 PM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Back when i carried everywhere i really liked my Springfield XD and S&W M&P the most for concealed carry. My wife loved my M&P compact .40 the most and she has little hands as well.

Its good you plan to shoot as many as you can, firearms come down to personal preference like most things, and its best to carry the one YOU perform best with and are most comfortable with.

I have seen quite a few people carry guns they thought looked neat but they had no control over the firearm and couldnt hit a car with it from 10 feet. But boy was it big and pretty LMAO

Good luck with your decision, keep it fun!!

#36012 - 04/24/14 02:48 AM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
MonkeyBomb Online   content

Loc: USA
As far as what I like. I carry a G-27 with a +1 grip when I'm not working. AT work I carry a G-22 and the G-27.

#36018 - 04/24/14 05:21 PM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
Joshua R. Offline
Die Hard Rat

I am a huge XD 40 fan. I also have a Taurus Millennium as a back up in the truck.

#36025 - 04/24/14 06:23 PM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
Andy the Aussie Online   content

Lora, all my good and serious advice was in the BF thread... laugh

Of course without limitations I would probably vary my choices as a woman does here hair styles... wink

And as I mentioned in the other thread....a three inch K Frame Smith and Wesson is my choice for an everyday handgun....I have some experience with them ... wink

#36026 - 04/24/14 09:32 PM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
Lora Offline

As with hair styles, there are plenty of guns out there. I appreciate any and all advice you have to give. I grew up with shotguns and rifles, so I'm no stranger to guns but I'm not so familiar with handguns. I have fired a few, but not enough to say that I'm comfortable with anything right now. I have a feeling that this decision will end up taking me a while to finally decide what I want. Keep the suggestions coming and any advice you have is very welcome as well.

Edited by Lora (04/24/14 09:32 PM)

#36030 - 04/25/14 01:29 AM Re: Every Day Carry; What are You Packing? [Re: Lora]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Lora, one you might consider is the Kahr CW9.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.