header

Page 630 of 1204 < 1 2 ... 628 629 630 631 632 ... 1203 1204 >
Topic Options
#31399 - 11/22/13 07:09 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Trumby]
Magoo Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Up a Tree
Originally Posted By: Trumby
WW, how are you going with the giving up smoking?

I have been wondering the same. Good luck with the Pepsi, mate.

All Hail the Magic Blade

#31400 - 11/22/13 07:32 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Trumby]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed

I was doing great until one evening i had a few drinks too many and a buddy asked me to hold his cigarette while he went inside to grab us a couple more beers frown by the time he came out the cigarette was gone.

Im unfortunately back on the tobacco bandwagon now. only 4 or 5 cigarettes a day but its still a shame. I m not very proud of myself about this, I need to be stronger and just quit for good but in order to do so i think i might have to quit drinking for a while until im strong enough to be around cigarette smoke with out giving in to temptation. And the holiday season is not a good time for me to push myself into stopping EVERYTHING. There is far too many festivities to tempt me into drinking, which might tempt me into smoking.

SO it looks like i have a new, new year resolution all over again. frown

Ill never stop quitting though, ill never stop trying anyway.

#31401 - 11/22/13 07:45 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Magoo

I have been wondering the same. Good luck with the Pepsi, mate.

Thanks man, thank the spirits for caffeine free Pepsi, it has made quitting caffeine easier than i imagined. Now if these bloody headaches behind my eyes would just go away id be fine.

I dont want it to sound like im reaching for perfection though, i still have a couple vices of my own that i doubt ill ever completely quit. I like having some drinks (beer, whiskey, scotch etc) with friends and family all too much just to say ill ever stop that for good, but ill take a break if it helps me get over cigarettes for good. And until doctors or scientist can prove someone got cancer or died from marijuana use alone, i dont think ill ever be above the occasional "lefty" either. Just being honest.

Edited by worldwood (11/22/13 07:47 PM)

#31402 - 11/22/13 07:55 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

And Magoo i hope that move is going good for ya bud! I have moved far more times than i care to remember and after 1 more move ill be done moving for good. Just have to get that land in florida paid and ill be hangin my hat at my final destination.

#31403 - 11/22/13 10:08 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
wharf rat Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
Think I will just jump in...........

worldwood,
Good luck on quitting smoking!! I quit on July 10 and still sticking with it. Will admit that it is getting harder by the day. The cravings are getting worse by the hour. Had to give up the booze a few years ago for health reasons(I do sneak a drink once in a while though). Really funny though, I can take one drink and walk away, but 1 smoke and I am buying a carton and taking a day off!!
Just hang in there, If I can quit cold turkey on what I was putting away in day, you can!! Surprised I made it this far and hope I can keep holding out. Just to danged expensive.

Tim

#31407 - 11/22/13 10:42 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Thanks Wharf. And congrats on your accomplishment with quitting, looks like you have made it quite a while and that is admirable to say the least!

#31414 - 11/22/13 11:24 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: worldwood]
Thesnakeman2 Offline

Loc: SOUTH CAROLINA

Ill never stop quitting though, ill never stop trying anyway.[/quote]
i admire your steadfastness. that never say die attitude
it is that is the kind of attitude that will eventually get results
Good luck and keep us posted!

#31415 - 11/23/13 01:02 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Thanks man!

I have never been the type to accept defeat, So i just have to keep trying until I accomplish my goals. Hopefully sooner rather than later! !

#31416 - 11/23/13 03:45 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
WW, congrats on taking the leap! I just would not try to give up too many thing at the same time...

#31417 - 11/23/13 04:22 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: elof_alv]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: elof_alv
WW, congrats on taking the leap! I just would not try to give up too many thing at the same time...

Yea buddy thats a big thing, its hard to quit something your body is use to, especially when the amount i consumed is more than most. but its even harder quitting multiple things at once.

Caffeine had to go, my body has had enough of that, i overdid it to the extreme. But im still drinking a 2-liter or more a day of caffeine free soda, so thats more sugar than is healthy.

But 1 thing at a time!! Just have to take 1 day at a time as well! My wife is proud im trying so hard and that motivates me even more.

But on to a more positive note, im feeling great right now laugh Maybe its the quiet peaceful house, or maybe its the cheap brandy but either way its a nice night smile

Page 630 of 1204 < 1 2 ... 628 629 630 631 632 ... 1203 1204 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.