header

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#26822 - 09/02/13 03:03 PM NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Just got back in from a camping trip with my wife and kids. We got rained on- A LOT, the car broke down in the woods, Got it home but its going to cost an arm and a leg to fix, But even with the issues we made the best of it and still was able to enjoy most of our time.

Now lets get on with the pictures and knife stories

Lets start with the NMFSH, Since It is what I started with. This thing as most of you know is one beast of a knife, It chops like an ax, but cuts small brush like a heavy machete. Its a sweet blade, taking nice sized branches in a single swing and just plowing thru wood with a vengeance! The NMFSH out chopped the Choppy but the choppy was right there with it, And didnt tire me out as quick as the meltdown... And i call it meltdown because 100 swings of that heavy metal and your arm starts to MELTdown!!!

I was not easy going on this thing AT ALL. I wanted to put Infi to the test and i did just that. I battooned (spelling?) chopped, cut. sliced. everything i could except throw it. The jungle green coating did not hold up as good as the black crinkle coat on the choppy, but i dont care anything about that. I tried to beat the knife thru some seasoned hardwood. It made it through without difficulty. I intentionally took it to some hard knots and used the tip of the blade to carve the knot out. Maybe a mistake. I noticed some edge damage on the tip after this. nothing too major and "IF" i had a belt sander i could prolly fix it in a minute or 2, but I honestly didnt expect the edge damage.

Next the TGLB, now this IS NOT MY KNIFE, so I didnt abuse this one, i carved a couple trap triggers and cut a few pieces of wood, then just took some Pictures and wrapped her back up. But the handle is very comfortable and the weight of the knife makes it so easy to carry around. The blade is great, long enough to do some of the big stuff, that i didnt try lmao, but also worked great at carving small triggers. An excellent blade, and I liked the competition finish a whole lot!

Last the Chopweiler. Now this was the most used knife. It did not chop quite as good as the NMFSH but it still did better than I though for its size! The handle is PERFECT the weight is great, And it worked for everything i could throw at it. I chopped LOADS of wood and still kept shaving hair off my arm, I took the choppy to the same knotted wood that damaged the tip of the NMFSH and cut the knot out completely and then chopped it up while the chopweiler laughed at it!

Click for pictures.... I couldn't figure out how to get them to show here unless i uploaded one by one.... and there's over 40 pictures...

#26823 - 09/02/13 03:13 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
meluck Offline

Awesome pics! Was it a roll or a chip on the NMFSH?

#26824 - 09/02/13 03:20 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

The very tip is chipped, there is also a very small roll an inch from the tip and another very small chip just below that.

They are all very small and the rest of the blade still shaves. It didnt stop me from using it, and i wasnt heartbroken, but I didnt expect the damage either.

#26825 - 09/02/13 03:33 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

A few scenic pictures and one of the brats smile

#26829 - 09/02/13 08:15 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
bonesmalones Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada
I have an NMFSH in jungle green with tan micarta. I can't bring myself to abuse it like that. It's too beautiful. Great pictures WW.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.
Martha Washington

#26842 - 09/02/13 10:58 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Great pics WW. cool

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#26843 - 09/02/13 11:17 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
RobStanley Offline

Loc: Straya
Awesome work!!!! Those look like rolls on the sweep of the NMFSH. I reckon you've hit the ground without realising it. I do this all the time. Glance small stones etc... Even just gritty dirt will do it sometimes. I have noticed some of the trees here have dirt all caught up in the bark from ants and what not, this removes an edges in almost one swing. A butcher's steel will take those out no worries at all.

#26848 - 09/02/13 11:36 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
I've even found stones cut in half (broken with blade marks on them) and no roll at all. Pick softer stones. Flint will do it every time. smile
-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#26851 - 09/02/13 11:46 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: worldwood]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Way to put 'em through the paces.

#26853 - 09/02/13 11:54 PM Re: NMFSH, TGLB, And Chopweiler, Action and review [Re: Hard Knocks]
Private Klink Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
Nice work and pics W/W! smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.