header

Page 1295 of 1297 < 1 2 ... 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 >
Topic Options
#50034 - 10/07/17 03:30 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
How's everyone going out there, well I hope!

Sometimes I sit and wonder why Iím not in a mental asylum ... then I take a look around me and realize maybe I already am.

#50035 - 10/07/17 05:04 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Andy the Aussie Online   content

Well it is the weekend and thus far it has been pretty good mate !

#50036 - 10/07/17 05:33 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
I am well, save for a busted foot. But that is due to be better any day now- doc estimates 2 weeks...

-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#50038 - 10/07/17 10:40 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Hard Knocks Offline

Loc: SW Idaho USA
Hope it's not busted up too bad Carl. Mend quickly!

Ian, I am somewhat envious of those who grew up running lever guns. I went from single shot .22s to bolt-action rifles with a magazine, so the lever is unnatural for me. I can however handle a bolt as if it were an extension of my arm, so that 77/44 is a natural fit for me. Man I need some range time though! I've had a strung out week here, and deer season is nearly upon us!!!

#50039 - 10/08/17 02:39 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Been hunting a budget van for a few days now... that sure cuts into my fun funds...
Other than that, all peachy

#50040 - 10/08/17 05:35 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]

That delivery from Africa is still being assessed for the duties etc i need to pay...I can't spend anything on new steel till I see what extortion the Govt are going to leverage on me for that....that said the Croc Foot Pen Holder is going to look lovely on my desk !!

#50041 - 10/08/17 11:58 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Customs are a weird mob, mate.
I once had two shotgun chokes confiscated from Cabellas, I phoned twice and was told I'd have to pay $37.00 to reopen the package for further investigation so I told the fella to forget it.
Two weeks later they turned up. smile

Sometimes I sit and wonder why Iím not in a mental asylum ... then I take a look around me and realize maybe I already am.

#50042 - 10/09/17 12:10 AM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

HK,
I became a lover of levers because they were more practical to carry on a horse. Prior to that I carried a .303 jungle carbine for years and loved it, bought it at age fifteen smile

#50043 - 10/09/17 06:26 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Magoo]

That they are Ian, I have a pretty good handle on Customs regulations when it comes to firearms parts accessories but not so much African animal parts..LOL More than once I have explained to a Customs Officer the regs and what they needed to do or not in relation to something. When they were seizing a bipod I brought back from the US they didn't really know what to do and just went "gun part we will take it" I explained that it was not captured by the legislation and that I didn't require a Police Import Permit (B709) but he insisted. I then explain what he needed to do to take it and what he needed to provide me so I could come and get it back after the Police begrudgingly supplied me the permit (not because they ever have a problem giving the permits, just they too would know this was a waste of their and my time). What i am guessing was the shift supervisor walked over and asked what was happening, he explained it was a prohibited import and he was taking it till i produced the permit, she (the very pretty supervisor) said...no it isn't and no your not, it is not in the list of items in the regulation and it is a waste of everyone's time...he looked like his head was going to explode while I tried not to smile...too much...as I had said about the same thing to him...

#50044 - 10/10/17 05:18 PM Re: The New Rat Chat Death Chat [Re: Andy the Aussie]
Private Klink Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: S/W Missouri
Howdy guys. smile We were gone for a few days visiting in-laws.

Page 1295 of 1297 < 1 2 ... 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.