Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#31944 - 12/08/13 06:03 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: Drumrboy]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Carl,
I bought mine to keep in a vehicle, they are much more sophisticated and smaller these days.
the one I have is unsuitable for anything other that a vehicle or a boat.
My greatest risk in those days would have been on a horse and getting injured. The small personal emergency beacons these days can be kept in a pack or pocket, and would have been perfect in a situation for me if laying somewhere injured.

A GPS, for getting lost doesn't interest me, but I can see real advantages in having a device to help if IN REAL NEED.
Not someone that thinks their lost as I'm sure many are used for.

One of our main national parks The Blue Mountains in NSW, there is always searches out for some dumbo lost out there. When all they needed to do is call into the local police station where they have EPIRB's for loan to bush-walkers. It can't get any easier than that, yet, they still go out there and cost a lot of money for searches through being unprepared.

Donít bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, thatíll freak you right out.

#31949 - 12/08/13 08:38 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: Drumrboy]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Ian-
I agree with great reluctance (I hate admitting the frailties that come with age smile ). I suspect it is time for me to get (a new) one as I not only agree with you, but wish to keep SAR teams deployed to help others- and the quicker they find me the quicker they can be off to find others. smile

EPIRB's are not all that offensive anymore.

-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#32895 - 01/01/14 06:56 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: Drumrboy]
Mr C Offline

I'd just do WHATEVER it takes

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.