header

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#22597 - 05/29/13 11:31 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: In a phone booth near you
clearly I am NOT misrepresenting anyone's views!

Old School Rats

#22598 - 05/29/13 11:31 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

Now where's my Chop Mastiff?

Old School Rats

#22629 - 05/30/13 10:26 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

If not a nest, how bout a contest?

Old School Rats

#22631 - 05/30/13 10:50 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Airborne Rat Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Dogtired
We've been over this before, but now with the upgrade, I gotta bring it up again. The Yard has status based on posts. Is it time we did something a little more than what we got now?

How 'bout some "goals" for us to post toward to "earn" your seat in the "Rat's Nest." 1k posts=Swamp Rat (or ROUS), 500=Pack Rat, 250=Lab Rat, 100=Gerbil, 0-99=Field Mouse.

It seems like a good strategy that's worked over at the Yard to encourage more participation, and ultimately, more brand loyalty--win-win for everyone wink

Thoughts?

That's great for some, especially the noobs, but some of us have been around here a long time, back to the old Rat Chat who registered a decade ago and lost all of our post count and join date seniority with the new board software.

I'm deployed quite a bit so I can't hang around and run my post count back up when it took me a decade to get it to where it was before.

I think I may have some Busses and Rats that are older than some of the new members on this board these days - and that's fine, the more new members and Rat lovers the better. But when it comes to a pecking-order on the board, a Rat Nest Team or Club, I'm not going to vote for something like that without first taking into account some of us old timers who have been around here for a long time - but that's just me, MHO.
An original member, #804, of the old Rat Chat dating back more than a decade ago.

#22643 - 05/31/13 07:31 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

Fine. Old posts count too smile

Old School Rats

#22670 - 06/01/13 10:52 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Need2Know]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Originally Posted By: Need2Know
Ok, so it's like a survivalist's wealth of knowledge that's been lost. Bummer!

But the Internet is full of similar information/misinformation. And a want to learn can bring the knowledge too.
That said, I do understand the loss. It was time and energy of fellow members who cared enough about the group to share useful information.

So, we can re-build what was lost, and I am willing to contribute. Beware, the internet is full of information and mis-information. Sometimes sorting that out is a big job. We do not need to re-invent the wheel, but it would be nice if we had a target at which to shoot.
-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#22684 - 06/02/13 12:13 AM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

I'm happy to contribute too...just not sure I've got anything worth saying grin

Old School Rats

#22696 - 06/02/13 07:12 AM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: Dogtired
I'm happy to contribute too...just not sure I've got anything worth saying grin

LMAO. Me too. grin

I wonder what happened to all that old data?? Maybe some of it can be retrieved?

Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, that’ll freak you right out.

#22699 - 06/02/13 02:24 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Dogtired Offline
Die Hard Rat

We could use the Wayback Machine...

Old School Rats

#22705 - 06/02/13 03:44 PM Re: Is it time yet for a "Rat's Nest?" [Re: Dogtired]
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
I never contribute, but that never stopped me from wagging my gums (or fingers in this case).
-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.