header

Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#21802 - 05/12/13 11:29 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: worldwood]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Under your bed
Also i suggest food safe mineral oil wipes....

I use them and love them. easy to clean and lubricate and can re-use each one several times before i discard it.

Check out target or bed bath and beyond for Architec Block Oil Wipes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#21804 - 05/12/13 11:34 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: worldwood]
MLemelin Offline

Loc: French Canuckistan
Regarding the food safe lube:

Frog lube

Have been using that for the last 6 months; completely food safe (well, at least I haven't got yet a 3rd arm getting out of my forehead) and with a nice minty scent.

#21805 - 05/12/13 11:34 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: MLemelin]
RussMo Offline

Originally Posted By: MLemelin
Hmmm... I'm a weird man sometimes (well, okay, most of the time), but I think I'm more aroused by the comp finish than double cut.

There's only one way to know for sure...

And I just figured that my credit card company will probably begin to send me personalized greeting cards next Christmas...

Matt, Bro you ain't no weirder than my old carcass. LOL... The Comp Finish in most cases just hasn't had all the carbonization removed from the steel, so be prepared to hit it with scotch-brite, steel wool and the likes. You will get it off after a while but I can guarantee it's going to rust.

#21806 - 05/12/13 11:37 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: worldwood]
RussMo Offline

Originally Posted By: worldwood

I use them and love them. easy to clean and lubricate and can re-use each one several times before i discard it.

HOLY S#!+, I've been using bottles and rags. Thanks Bro, I gotta get me some of those, SWEEEEEET!!!

#21807 - 05/12/13 11:38 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: MLemelin]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: MLemelin
Regarding the food safe lube:

Frog lube

Have been using that for the last 6 months; completely food safe (well, at least I haven't got yet a 3rd arm getting out of my forehead) and with a nice minty scent.

Thanks for the info on that...I prefer the ease of wipes for quick clean and lube but for lubing them up before storing them for a while that stuff looks great.... I see they offer wipes as well yet all the products seem extremely expensive frown

#21808 - 05/12/13 11:40 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: worldwood]
RussMo Offline

This is some great info here, thanks guys...

#21809 - 05/12/13 11:40 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: RussMo]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: RussMo
Originally Posted By: worldwood

HOLY S#!+, I've been using bottles and rags. Thanks Bro, I gotta get me some of those, SWEEEEEET!!!

I was too... these are a lifesaver for ease and time... plus i think i payed 5-6 bucks at target for them and still have more than half the bag of wipes.... months later.. each one is lubricated A LOT... and each wipe can lube a few blades...

Check em out... i stocked up lmao, went from stuff like tuff cloth and clp... but this is cheaper and works just as good for me plus its food safe

Edited by worldwood (05/12/13 11:42 PM)

#21810 - 05/12/13 11:51 PM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: worldwood]
MLemelin Offline

Loc: French Canuckistan
Damn good infos WW. Thank for that.

Just made a quick search as there's no Target (yet) nor "Bed Bath and Thatotherthing" around here.

Amazon got it.

Let's rejoice!

#21811 - 05/13/13 12:02 AM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: worldwood]
worldwood Offline
Die Hard Rat

Your very welcome man. Someone on BF actually told me about them a while back and i have used them pretty much exclusively since then.

Amazon is the shiznit! i can order something.... and since i am a prime member and live close to one of their facilities, a lot of times i order with same day shipping... if i order by 7am i think it is... a lot of items can be delivered to my house the same day for $3.99 shipping.... cant beat that with any stick!
And the price of prime membership is so worth it to me since i order from there so much. plus they have free movies and shows for prime members and free 2 day shipping... all for under 80 a year... i saved money the first month.

#21813 - 05/13/13 01:04 AM Re: The official "ask the Swamp" thread... Ask Joshua questions here ? [Re: worldwood]
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I'm bad that way.
I prefer my carbon steel users to acquire a patina on them.
Unless it starts rusting I don't oil or anything. Didn't really have any problems yet.
Funny thing is, some time ago I went for a few days in a little cabin above the beach. I had a DC Wardog HACK with me and I swear I have seen tiny spots of rust just from the air. When I got home they weren't there, all I did was wash it in the tap water with detergent...
confused

Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.