header

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#19197 - 03/06/13 05:39 AM
elof_alv Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Ian,
They're probably trying to make sure it'll get to you. There is a ban on laser pointers/devices import and they might have had some issues sending stuff in the past... Ain't it great to live in the land of the free?

#19198 - 03/06/13 11:17 AM
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

If you added "batteries" power cells to your order it is possible that could slow shipment. As recently as January 2013 the USPS had flipp-flopped on policies about shipping batteries internationally. Different shippers may also have differing policies.

O-planet should be able to get you squared away. If it's a "out of stock" issue or a battery shipping issue or other thing like import restriction (like mentioned above), I'm hopeful it all works out quickly and drama-free.

Worst case senerio if it's a battery shipping issue is have them ship everything but.

Then look local for 18650s. Since the light will run CR123s you will be able to use the light even if rechargable cells prove difficult to source.

#19199 - 03/06/13 11:21 AM
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

The message is also very likely a generic auto-reply on International orders.

#19200 - 03/06/13 03:49 PM
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: Need2Know;17877
The message is also very likely a generic auto-reply on International orders.

Yeah, I'm thinking that as well, though I've never had a message like that before. Batteries are readily obtainable here in all sizes, just maybe not locally. It's only a matter of getting them on line.

https://www.ledtorchshop.com.au/category/batteries

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#19201 - 03/06/13 06:33 PM
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

Ian,

It might be worthwhile to shoot an inquisitive e-mail to them with your order number, etc. or call them.

This Ultimate Edition is a bit elusive.

This is why I (sorry for it) sent you a few PMs with a couple or so links to possible places to buy the light. You could call each and see who will work with you.

#19202 - 03/07/13 03:37 PM
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Need2Know;17876
If you added "batteries" power cells to your order it is possible that could slow shipment. As recently as January 2013 the USPS had flipp-flopped on policies about shipping batteries internationally. Different shippers may also have differing policies.

Yep, that is what happened. I have asked for the order to be processed without the batteries, as I can get then here easily.

Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

Thank you for ordering the following item(s):
==============================================================
Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition 740 Lumen LED Flashlight, Black FENIX-PD32-T6
ExtremeBeam 18650 Rechargeable Battery 2B, Gray, N/A EB-XA-A02
ExtremeBeam 18650 Rechargeable Battery 1B, Gray, N/A EB-XA-A01
ExtremeBeam 18650 Double Charger with Car Adapter, Black, N/A EB-XA-B03 ==============================================================
Please note that:
==============================================================
ExtremeBeam 18650 Rechargeable Battery 2B, Gray, N/A EB-XA-A02
ExtremeBeam 18650 Rechargeable Battery 1B, Gray, N/A EB-XA-A01 ==============================================================
cannot be included with your order.

Unfortunately, due to Hazmat shipping restrictions we are unable to ship these items. Therefore, we are forced to remove this item(s) from your order.

Please reply as quickly as possible via phone at (847) 513-6201 ext. 315 or email at RM@OpticsPlanet.com whether you are still interested in receiving the remainder of your order. If so we will get it out to you as soon as possible.

Please note that if we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will cancel your order and you will not be charged.

For detailed description of our International Policy and Export Restrictions, please visit http://www.opticsplanet.com/our-policy.html#international or contact us directly. We apologize for any inconvenience that this cancellation may cause you.

Please note: U.S. Government Export Control Laws and Regulations prohibit us from exporting or assisting with the export of restricted items without proper licensing. We must comply with all existing U.S. Government Laws and Regulations. We hope that you can understand the reason why one part of your order has been cancelled.

If you have any further questions, feel free to check our FAQ page at http://www.opticsplanet.com/restrictions-faq.html or contact us.

Thank you in advance for your prompt response. Have a great day!

Best regards,
OpticsPlanet.com Risk Management Team

Export control laws and regulations are complex. Any summaries of such laws and regulations provided by OpticsPlanet.com herein are not comprehensive and are not to be taken as legal advice or counseling.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, worn out, shouting 'holy $hit what a ride'! cool

#19203 - 03/07/13 09:14 PM
Szilard Offline

I know this has been resolved a lot as well but I like my Fenix LD12 a lot, and my Quark QT2A-X. I have another smaller Fenix E11 that is also great. All of them have served me well as EDCs. All of them are button press and the first two have adjustable settings.

#19204 - 03/12/13 06:47 PM
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Szilard;17971
I know this has been resolved a lot as well but I like my Fenix LD12 a lot, and my Quark QT2A-X. I have another smaller Fenix E11 that is also great. All of them have served me well as EDCs. All of them are button press and the first two have adjustable settings.

Fenix, seems to have a good name. cool

I've ordered a small torch as well and have re-ordered the batteries from here in OZ.

#19205 - 03/12/13 10:23 PM
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Just wait for the runt's to show up now- You will dazzle them. laugh
-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#19206 - 03/24/13 10:38 PM
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Die Hard Rat

Well, my hot dog torch turned up. cool laugh it lights up the paddock like daytime. laugh

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.