header

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#18519 - 02/25/13 07:01 PM
Drumrboy Offline
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Always on the move
It is a fine steel and will take some abuse for sure. Just like us Swamp dwellers.....

Never Stop Trying

#18520 - 02/25/13 09:03 PM
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Originally Posted By: Drumrboy;17325
It is a fine steel and will take some abuse for sure. Just like us Swamp dwellers.....

Intrinsic value- that is what we be about, in friend and steel.

You are not out of options until you quit.

#18521 - 02/26/13 05:26 PM
bonesmalones Offline

Loc: Las Vegas Nevada
By new steel I meant new designs. I should have been more clear. How often do they come out with new designs?
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.
Martha Washington

#18522 - 02/26/13 05:38 PM
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted By: bonesmalones;17399
By new steel I meant new designs. I should have been more clear. How often do they come out with new designs?

When the inspiration strikes? :p

There doesn't seem to be a clear timetable for new models. The Rodent series were introduced as upcoming Swamp releases at Blade Show 2011 (Scrap Yard '11 line as well).

My guess is that R7 & R5 might still make an appearance before Blade this year, when new releases should be introduced.

#18523 - 02/26/13 05:46 PM
RussMo Offline

I'm enjoying the Rodent series frankly!!! I liked the Original Rat series (Ratweiler, Rat Daddy, Rat Mastiff etc) The Chopweiler design didn't do it for me. M-series was also good. The RODENT series is my favorite todate and they fit my hands PERFECT. Design & ergo's are outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18524 - 02/26/13 06:13 PM
elof_alv Online   content
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I didn't like R9, the handle just doesn't do it for me. R4 and R3 are great, I think the R5 should be fine too for me, but R7 will probably have R9's handle.
I really love the old school Rats, and Chopweiler too.
Now, I like the feel of Howler, but I will not chase Battle Rat and Camp Tramp, have the current SYKCO spinsoffs.

#18525 - 02/26/13 06:53 PM
infocus2006 Offline

Originally Posted By: RussMo;17401
I'm enjoying the Rodent series frankly!!! I liked the Original Rat series (Ratweiler, Rat Daddy, Rat Mastiff etc) The Chopweiler design didn't do it for me. M-series was also good. The RODENT series is my favorite todate and they fit my hands PERFECT. Design & ergo's are outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have absolutely lost your mind man! Chopweiler is the best thing to have ever came out of the swamp! You need to play with a Choppy and discover the Grail of all knives!:). The M9 is a sweet blade as well! I regret selling the two I had so bad! One of them went to a good home but scared to think about the other one. It's in France somewhere. frown
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it." ...Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China

#18526 - 02/26/13 07:16 PM
Trumby Online   content
Aussie Bush Rat
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: NSW
Originally Posted By: RussMo;17401

Actually I much prefere the Chopweiler over the Ratweiler, I think the CW is a more versatile knife with it's droped pont. Prety much the all round camp/bush knife with the added advantage of being a fair skinner.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most................."

#18527 - 02/26/13 07:20 PM
RussMo Offline

Originally Posted By: infocus2006;17408
You have absolutely lost your mind man! Chopweiler is the best thing to have ever came out of the swamp! You need to play with a Choppy and discover the Grail of all knives!:). The M9 is a sweet blade as well! I regret selling the two I had so bad! One of them went to a good home but scared to think about the other one. It's in France somewhere. frown

I had 4ea ChopWeilers at one time. I just couldn't get into that whale humped short blade. If they had brought out the Chop Mastiff which was to be the plan, which never happenedmad I might have liked the hilt better. On a 7-1/2"ish blade though I just didn't feel the love.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.