Die Hard Rat

Loc: Up a Tree
Infocus2006 - that knife pic made my day !! Mall Ninja L5......lol smile

All Hail the Magic Blade

#10918 - 07/04/12 06:06 AM
Mumbojumboo Offline

Loc: Oregon
Originally Posted By: Need2Know;5718
Not so much custom as customized. For example, a hand-made, one-of-a-kind or limited piece made by its creator and deemed as "custom", is a custom. If I paint, anodize, or modify a piece; it is then "customized" or "pimped".

I guess I sholuld have put a ? 'New paint =custom?' My wife wrecked the car and no we have a custom Town and country.

Now, This is customized

dawg2 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

#10919 - 07/04/12 08:40 AM
RPN Offline

Originally Posted By: Need2Know;5744
The story is as follows. Was strolling around Blade and paused at the ZT/Kershaw booth. Guy behind the counter called me over and said "hey, you interested in our new models?". I am a bit interested and said I have two Cryos on order, own a 0550, 0560, and 0561. He smiled a little as he recognized he was speaking with a customer.

He handed me what I thought was a Cryo, as I had never held one. I was taken aback since it was bigger than I had hoped and felt very inline with its price tag. I said, I thought the Cryo was smaller. Guy said, "that's the 2" then reached into a neighboring display case and produced the Cryo. In hand it was smaller and was what I was expecting.

Comparing the two, the inexpensive feel is there in both, but more obvious on the larger model. Still good knives. I can see them as good light users or tackle/tool/glove box knives or knives you pack in the checked luggage when you fly. But I can also see them never being an end all EDC, I know I would be wanting more knife in my pocket/hand.

I handled all their new "fancy" prototype knives too. I have opinions on each of them but no one asked, so I'll hold off on that.

Ahhhh I see....good scoop and story! Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm curious- how big the smaller model? Like a Delica?

#10920 - 07/04/12 09:21 AM
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: RPN;5752
Ahhhh I see....good scoop and story! Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm curious- how big the smaller model? Like a Delica?

There is a video on you tube with the Cryo in hand. I found it with a quick GOOG search of "kershaw cryo". Will give a better point of reference than written description. It seems a little smaller than a Delica. You lose the grippy feel of the textured Spydie to a smooth handled Cryo. So the two knives feel very different in hand.

#10921 - 07/04/12 09:31 AM
Need2Know Offline
Die Hard Rat

Originally Posted By: Mumbojumboo;5751
I guess I sholuld have put a ? 'New paint =custom?' My wife wrecked the car and no we have a custom Town and country.

Now, This is customized

I hope the Wife and all involved in the MVA are doing well.
Little confusing about the "customized" Town and Country. Is it customized by the damage of an accident or is it a replacement vehicle for one damaged?

And I agree, that Mustang is "customized", "personalized" and quite possibly restored or "hot rodded". Whatever it may be, if it's rockin' some monster torque and some wild ponies it's a win. Is it yours? Want to share any more about it? Date on the photo is a few years old.

#10922 - 07/04/12 12:08 PM
aaaa_cccc Offline

My EDC is a Leatherman Charge TTI multi-tool. This thing really comes in handy, especially on fishing outings. It's got a 3" S30V blade which is a great slicer. Believe it or not it also feels pretty good in hand when using the knife. I carry it on my belt horizontally in the pouch that it came with. Also, for all the tools that it has in it, the weight is very minimal due to the use of titanium for its frame. At $100 from Amazon.com this thing is an awesome value.

#10923 - 07/04/12 12:51 PM
Mumbojumboo Offline

Loc: Oregon
Originally Posted By: Need2Know;5754
I hope the Wife and all involved in the MVA are doing well.
Little confusing about the "customized" Town and Country. Is it customized by the damage of an accident or is it a replacement vehicle for one damaged?

And I agree, that Mustang is "customized", "personalized" and quite possibly restored or "hot rodded". Whatever it may be, if it's rockin' some monster torque and some wild ponies it's a win. Is it yours? Want to share any more about it? Date on the photo is a few years old.

Just kinda fooling ya. I don't think there is such a thing as a custom Town and Country not matter what is done do it. :p The stang is my first car. I bought it in 86 when I was 16. I never let it go. I went to the prom in that car and my oldest drove it in his home coming parade. That was cool!

#10924 - 07/04/12 05:05 PM
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Quote:
That was cool!

No, that IS cool.
-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

#10925 - 07/04/12 08:17 PM
Drumrboy Offline
Die Hard Rat

Loc: Always on the move
You do have to love those old Stangs. Great little cars, but way too easy to get in trouble with.

Never Stop Trying

#10926 - 07/04/12 08:23 PM
Carl Theile Offline
Survivor
Rattus norvegicus

Loc: Outside, anywhere
Originally Posted By: Need2Know;5746
Right on. Add me to the fun column, I can take some mild to slightly aggressive jabs without a whimper. As friendships grow so can the abuse.cool

Amen to that!
-carl

You are not out of options until you quit.

Page 7 of 33 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32 33 >

Moderator:  Carl Theile, Joshua R.